Company :HM Health Solutions
Job Description :
This is the employer experience team and we are developing a best in class benefits administration platform to assist group clients with the health care needs of their employees. This role will guide the overall technology solution and will have significant influence on the technology decisions related to the product. Product technologies presently include angular, Springboot, Openshift, Google Cloud Platform, MongoDB and Adobe Experience Manager.
- The job is responsible for designing and creating engineering specifications for software applications and programs. Responsible for designing & writing code that adheres to coding standards set forth by the Principal Engineers. Performs code reviews.
- Responsible for idea generation, exploring and implementing appropriate technical solutions to achieve the required product features, as well as monitoring technical process against project plan while safeguarding functionality, scalability and performance.
- Apart of an agile work team and responsible for participating in all scrum ceremonies, assisting in sprint planning and completing required sprints in the development through final execution of software applications/programs. Communicates any issues/blockers to the Scrum Master in a timely manner.
- Drives story creation (i.e. DoD, Acceptance Criteria, estimation). Creates Tasks for their stories in RTC or Jira, and updates status and assignment accordingly
- Work with principal engineers to design & implement complex technical solutions
- Mentor other software engineers as needed
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field or 6 years’ experience web services, programming, design and analyzing solutions in lieu
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 7 years of working with a variety of technology systems, designing solutions or developing applications in healthcare to include A) 5 - 7 years of translating design mock-ups, prototypes and user stories into working applications and B) 3 years of working with Machine Learning esp. in Natural Language Understanding, Machine Translation, Deep Neural Networks and related fields
- Experience in some of the following very helpful: Angular, Springboot, Openshift, Google Cloud Platform, MongoDB and Adobe Experience Manager.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Have experience working with agile methodology of scrum
- Ability to speak and write English fluently and idiomatically
- Interest and ability to learn other programming languages as needed
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, unit testing, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Strong track record in designing and implementing large scale consumer facing applications
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Demonstrated passion for user experience and improving usability
- Experience and willingness to mentor junior engineers and help develop their skills and leadership
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org