Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This job is directly responsible for the value creation, impact and cost control, and fiscal/ROI targets as set by the Organization. This includes revenue stream outcomes and engagement of primary care providers (PCP) and facilities enrolled in the Organization’s value based reimbursement programs, clinical care models, and continuous improvement models. The incumbent applies subject matter expertise in clinical pharmacy, pharmacy formulary, pharmacy benefit design, pharmacy policy, medical drug policy, therapeutic alternatives, medication adherence strategies, Medication Therapy Management, utilization management, immunizations, specialty pharmacy, Medicare Stars, and Medicaid HEDIS to strategies designed to promote the Organization’s value based reimbursement PCP and facility programs. The incumbent acts as a highly skilled subject matter expert (SME) in the Organization's value based reimbursement PCP and facility programs providing strategic, hands-on, office based support to PCPs and facilities for analysis of performance in quality, cost, and utilization scores, identifies opportunities for improvement in value creation, cost control and utilization, performance, and develops strategic plans in collaboration with PCPs and facilities and the interdepartmental teams for transformation of workflows resulting in outstanding performance in the Organization's value based reimbursement PCP and facility program(s), ensuring that ROI targets as set by the Organization are met or exceeded. Further, in a matrix management environment, the incumbent collaborative works with other functions in the provider area, data analytics, pharmacy team, and key internal/external stakeholders to provide the most appropriate support to the PCP's based upon data analysis and dashboard reports.
- Serve as the Clinical Pharmacy SME and support broader CTC team in pharmacy related report interpretation and assist in the development of strategies for PCPs and facilities that promote generic substitution, medication adherence, success in pharmacy related Stars and HEDIS measures, completion of comprehensive medication reviews, adherence to pharmacy and medical drug policy, and adherence to the Organization’s formulary.
- Provide office based, hands-on consultative workflow transformation and training/education services to PCPs and facilities enrolled in the Organization's value based reimbursement programs and clinical evidence based guidelines. Assess the needs of each individual PCP practice and use a combination of on-site individual office-based, entity-level-based, video conference, teleconference and electronic mail interactions to drive engagement and exemplary value creation, impact and cost control, and ROI/fiscal outcomes as set by the Organization for PCP and facility programs.
- Assess data for the highest ROI opportunities in PCP performance, and implement strategic plans to meet identified program targets across all of the Organization's value based programs for both the commercial and government business (ACA, Medicare STARS, Medicaid HEDIS, risk revenue).
- Function as the Organization's representative SME in value based reimbursement programs, pharmacy, and data analysis. This includes creation and presentation of program results to both internal and external audiences, including practice and entity meetings.
- Analyze and interpret PCP and facility value based reimbursement reports in the areas of National Quality Standards like NCQA, HEDIS, NQF, PQRS etc., and cost and utilization and develop strategic plans to meet PCP program targets to create value, impact and cost savings, as well as meeting the ROI as identified by the Organization. Provide feedback to and collaborate with data analytics to ensure PCP and facility reports are accurate and provide meaningful, actionable data to PCPs and facilities.
- Independently and autonomously manage PCP and facility caseloads, projects, meetings, deliverables, resources etc. for individualized strategic plans to transform PCP and facility practices enrolled in value based reimbursement program(s) using innovative continuous improvement methodologies. This includes cross training in all of the Organization's value based reimbursement programs to lend support as needed/defined by market outcomes.
- Serve as the clinical SME for PCP value based reimbursement programs, Medicare STARS, Medicaid HEDIS, for both the Organization's internal and external key stake holders. In a matrix management environment, works collaboratively with the interdepartmental team to provide the most comprehensive support to PCPs and facilities for full practice transformation.
- Function in a matrixed role supporting the development and strategic integration of clinical care models for chronic conditions and in collaboration with departments across the enterprise.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy
- Master's Degree in Health Administration or Business
- Doctorate Degree in Pharmacy (PharmD)
- 5 - 7 years in Pharmacy
- 3 - 5 years in a Clinical Practice
Preferred (any one of the following)
- 5 - 7 years in Medicare
- 5 - 7 years in Managed Care Support
- 3 - 5 years in Quality Improvement
- 3 - 5 years in Care Management
- 3 - 5 years in Utilization Review
- 3 - 5 years in the Health Insurance Industry
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist
- Board Certified Ambulatory Care Pharmacist
- Board Certified Geriatric Pharmacist
- Analytical Skills
- Presentation Delivery
- Managed Care
- Care Planning
- Continuous Improvement
- Utilization Management
- Healthcare Management
- Utilization Review
Language (Other than English)
50% - 75%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer : The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org