Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This job will oversee and conduct research initiatives that support digital product strategies to digitally transform healthcare and help our members live their best lives. Will focus on the creation, execution, and reporting of researching findings, using a range of research methodologies, including but not limited to usability testing, heuristic evaluations, and ethnographic studies, providing insights and learnings that enable product design teams to create engaging and scalable solutions.
- Participate in and conduct research studies at all stages from discovery to validation; drafting protocols and launching a variety of tests, and communicating actionable insights and recommendations in a clear way to team members, creating artifacts to support findings.
- Use research findings to inform a strong point of view for decision-making by leveraging qualitative and quantitative insights to gauge the usability, accessibility, and trustworthiness of an experience.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the product and UX teams to identify problems, high-value research questions, define objectives, propose and plan research studies, and support research needs.
- Support product teams in understanding and applying research findings: helping to frame problems and define insights using various methodologies/practices to serve customer needs.
- Learn about our users’ needs, attitudes, aspirations, expectations, obstacles, and motivations to establish a complete story of the customer, while developing an empathetic understanding of our users in various contexts.
- Contribute to the team’s research techniques and tools, sharing findings early and often to create investment in research within the team, implementing best practices.
- Evaluate new and existing digital product experiences using known usability principles to bring a user-centered perspective to the team.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's degree in UX Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or a design related field
3+ years of design and/or research experience (qualitative or quantitative)
- 3 years of participating in all stages of the research process (designing studies, launching tests, moderating, synthesis/analysis, and reporting)
- 3 years of working in an agile product development and/or hybrid remote working environment
- 1 year with design in highly regulated industries such as medical-device/healthcare or financial institutions
- 1 year of Strong facilitation, collaboration, and consensus-building skills, with experience in presenting to cross-functional teams
- 1 year in health care or other highly regulated industries; experience working on cross-functional product design and development teams
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
UX Certification Coursework
- Broad knowledge of a wide range of qualitative, quantitative, and/or mixed research methods to support the design and development of digital products; demonstrated understanding of different methodologies' strengths and limitations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to present insights from research in a clear and organized manner
- Empathetic, curious, open-minded with a desire to improve the lives of our users; strong belief in the value of research
- Advanced knowledge of current industry design and research tools (e.g., Figma, Sketch, User Zoom, UserTesting.com)
- Highly organized, self-starter with the ability to work on multiple projects at once with little oversight and deliver high quality work on time in an Agile environment
- Portfolio of past work and deliverables that demonstrates your knowledge of the research process
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others
Travel from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org