Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This job is responsible for coordinating and leading Distribution Technician activities for inbounding and out bounding of medical surgical goods including shipping and delivery on a daily basis. The Lead Distribution Technician is responsible for ensuring that all policies and procedures are adhered to as instructed by the Distribution Supervisors with the focus of achieving established goals and productivity levels for their assigned shift modules. Responsibilities include providing assessment and feedback to Supervisor on Distribution Techs and Sr. Techs in their respective module. Directing/coordinating daily work activities for Distribution Techs & Sr. Techs as needed. Maintain accountability for safe and efficient operation of all duties performed related to the shift modules. Safe operation and daily maintenance of equipment assigned including but not limited to: forklifts, order pickers, reach trucks or other material handling equipment. Duties may include receiving, put away, picking, replenishment, loading and staging to achieve established goals. May perform order filler and checker duties. Maintain inventory control and proper stock rotation. May assist in physical inventories or cycle counting. Completes all records and reports as required through the use of WMS technology or other as designated. Complies with all government regulations for safety and maintains all certifications for MHE as required.
- Assist in completion of daily tech responsibilities
- Providing day to day direction throughout the shift modules in order to efficiently achieve the team’s daily goals
- Serve as an essential role in achieving and maintaining continuity within the workflow stream of the Distribution Center by articulating directives from supervisors and management.
- Responsible to ensure a safe and clean environment within the Distribution Center through daily and weekly checklists provided by Supervisors
- Ensure the organizing, scheduling, and completion of daily work assignments, staging space, and dock facilities to maximize efficient material flow
- Provide feedback on performance for Distribution Technicians within assigned shift modules.
- Responsible for releasing customer orders within the Warehouse Management System (WMS) and dispatching all delivery routes in a timely fashion meeting all scheduled deliveries
- Ensure that all shipping and receiving documents and related functions are completed accurately and on time
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School / GED
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2 years in a high-volume warehousing environment
- Experience with the principles of inventory control via warehouse management systems (WMS)
- Experience with specialized warehouse equipment
- Familiarity with standard shipping documentation
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Lean / Six Sigma certification
- Precise eye hand coordination and finger dexterity
- Knowledgeable and competent to perform all essential functions
- Ability to visually and audibly perform all essential functions
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others
Travel from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org