Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This job is responsible for a wide range of analytics and reporting associated with the organization's financial, operational, and/or clinical performance. This job partners with customers within the Decision Support team and larger finance organization to provide general technical/data support on major initiatives. The incumbent aggregates detailed patient account or procedure level detail into usable datasets that are analysis-ready and accessible by non-technical end users. Assists with the growth and development of junior analysts on the team through teaching, coaching, and mentoring.
- Responds to ad hoc requests for data and reporting from Highmark/AHN/Finance leadership or other partners. (20%)
- Gathers requirements and leads development of new Tableau dashboards that meet customer needs and enhance business understanding. (35%)
- Gathers requirements and leads development of new data sources, structures, and processes to support the needs of the Decision Support team and Finance organization. (35%)
- Leverages automation tools and techniques to improve reliability and reduce/eliminate the need for manual intervention. (10%)
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Statistics, or related field OR 6 years of related and progressive experience in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- 3 years of Decision Support and Data Analysis
- 3 years in a clinical setting or general understanding of hospital/physician practice operations
- 3 years in the Healthcare industry, particularly as it relates to hospitals or other providers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Advanced SQL
- Ability to extract, transform, or otherwise manipulate large quantities of data in order to support business needs
- Ability to design and deliver reporting or other data visualizations that provide valuable, actionable, intuitive, and timely business insights
- Ability to translate vague or ambiguous business needs into specific technical requirements that meet the needs of the customer
- Constant desire to improve existing technical tools/processes, in order to realize gains in reliability, performance, or user-friendliness
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once and manage time effectively, in order to meet established deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop partnerships across the organization
- Self-starter who takes initiative, and drives progress on major projects without being asked or with minimal supervision
- Tableau or other data visualization tools
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, Information Systems or related field
- 1 year with Project Management
- Relevant technical certifications (SQL, Tableau, Alteryx, etc.)
- Alteryx or other data wrangling/ETL tools
- R, Python, or other statistical/programming tools
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Pay Range Minimum:$33.81
Pay Range Maximum:$52.90
Base pay is determined by a variety of factors including a candidate’s qualifications, experience, and expected contributions, as well as internal peer equity, market, and business considerations. The displayed salary range does not reflect any geographic differential Highmark may apply for certain locations based upon comparative markets.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org