Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This job executes operational, regulatory, and information technology compliance audits and advisory engagements to determine whether Highmark Health and its subsidiaries controls and governance processes, as designed and operated by management, are adequate and functioning. Analyzes and evaluates the performance of the organization's financial, information technology and operational processes to identify risks, areas for improvement, and to ensure that the organization complies with all relevant regulations, laws, and standards. Assesses whether the processes and controls provide reasonable assurance that risks are identified and managed appropriately. Collects, examines, analyzes, and verifies information about the Organization's processes by reviewing manuals, policies, reports, financial statements, and other written materials, and by interviewing organizational members where required. Identifies, analyzes, and documents aspects of the Organization's systems and processes that do not comply with regulations, laws, and standards or do not comply with the organization's policies and operating procedures. Develops recommendations for changes to processes and systems that will minimize risk, improve performance and productivity, and ensures that the Organization complies with all relevant regulations, laws, and standards. Contributes to the preparation of audit reports that accurately document the audit process and its findings.
- Collaborate with team members to perform planning activities for operational, regulatory, and information technology compliance audits across the Highmark Health Enterprise, including the identification of key risks and controls, development of the audit program including developing work program timelines and other planning documents.
- Plan and execute testing of mid-level controls, process level manual controls, IT dependent manual controls and process level automated application controls.
- Manage the process to close-out and finalize audits / projects, including the identification and assessment of issues, development of audit reports, and review of supporting documentation and work papers in accordance with departmental standards.
- Act as a resource for entry-level staff by creating a positive working environment through the building of solid relationships with team members, monitoring workloads of all team members, and adjusting and redistributing assignments accordingly to promote work/life quality, while taking into account team members' capabilities and needs and client expectations.
- Effectively communicate with customers, supervisors, and subject matter experts to deliver on requests and tasks in a timely manner, and to ensure clarity on project status, deadlines, and deliverables throughout the project life-cycle.
- Collaborate with team and independent auditors in executing audit procedures, analyzing, evaluating and enhancing business process and IT controls across the organization. Identify and provide recommendations for process improvements to enhance control environment/provide operational efficiencies
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration/Management, Information Systems or related field
- 2 years in Public Accounting, Internal Auditing, Internal Control Design/Documentation or testing, or a comparable position within a Corporate Finance function
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Preferred (any of the following)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Knowledge of internal audit functions, including the ability to apply auditing (GAAS), accounting (GAAP) and or industry standards to the evaluation of operational/financial/compliance audits
- Exhibiting effective resource and project planning, decision making, results delivery, team building and staying current with relevant audit/accounting and industry guidance
- Effective written and oral communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain business relationships and develop solutions, emphasizing a client-based focus to understand and respond appropriately to business requirements
- Strong relationship building skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work under pressure independently and as part of a team
- Ability to think strategically and act proactively to create strong trust and confidence with business units
Language (Other than English)
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org