Company :Highmark Inc.
Job Description :
This job provides analysis and support to both internal and external customers on EDI, OCR and CSO mail operation transaction related issues. Provides analysis and technical support for UCD web portals for members , providers and producers. Responds to external EDI inquiries from providers and EDI Trading Partners, external inquiries from OCR and CSO vendors and inquiries from internal departments related to the EDI, OCR, CSO and Claims Input. May help customers with connection protocols, etc. Supports development, implementation and testing of systems handling electronic transactions (EDI, OCR and CSO) and web services. Determines need for changes, updates and improvements. Ensures transactions and processes are in compliance with corporate and governing regulations.
- Detect, investigate research, analyze and resolve problems in the EDI, OCR and CSO arenas.
- Review, analyze, recommend and implement EDI, OCR and CSO related projects, system changes, and enhancements in accordance with regulations, standards and corporate requirements.
- Collect and provide analysis related to EDI, OCR and CSO performance
- Provide technical information for internal/external audits, management controls, and system/flow/process documentation and education.
- Detect, investigate research, analyze and resolve problems in the web services arena.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Responsible for analyzing, designing, coding, testing and implementing application enhancements, as well as providing general production support, meeting defined scope, target dates and budgets with minimal or no defects.
- Utilizes and participates in the full system development life cycle, per current Highmark SDLC standards.
- Collaborates with customers, business analysts, partners, and IT team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. Concentrates on providing innovative solutions to business needs.
- Provides required technical support, including release implementations, on-call and 24x7 supports when necessary.
- Performs work in compliance with all Highmark and Highmark IT standards, policies and procedures.
- Actively participates on project teams in various project roles, including, but not limited to, Developer, Technical Lead and Project Manager, based upon level of experience.
- Effectively communicates with team members, customers, partners and management, including assisting with or conducting technical walkthroughs, reporting project status, enabling vendor solutions and providing accurate and concise documentation.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field
- 6 years of related and progressive experience in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- 3 years of experience as a developer
- Experience with Project Management tools
- Experience with databases
- Experience with multiple coding languages
- Working experience with EDIFECS is preferred
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Problem solving, root cause analysis, and issue resolution
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Experience in Healthcare or Health Insurance Industry
- Experience with technology platforms, application development tools, business processes, software development life cycle used by Highmark enterprise
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org