Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
As a detail-oriented storyteller, you and your team will be focused on driving bold initiatives to make a difference in transforming the healthcare experience for our clinicians.
You should feel comfortable changing elevations quickly from high-level strategic thinking to guiding tactical research and design execution. You can provide excellent feedback that fosters creative problem solving openly and transparently. This will include developing the team’s soft and hard skills based on their career and team needs.
As a design evangelist, you will show the value of design for our clinicians, brand, stakeholders, and leadership. This will include partnering closely with product management, customer experience, data scientists, and developers to build strong relationships and operating rhythms that are cohesive, inclusive, and well-informed.
The Design Manager will mentor a team of UX designers, researchers and strategists while setting standards, frameworks, guidelines and governance to help us delight the clinician experience so that they can focus on providing care to millions of members.
This will be a remote-friendly role, with the freedom to set your own work-from-home schedule. When safe and within reason, there will be times where the team will meet onsite in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Solve the right problem through the understanding of user needs to deliver new or improved products and services that have a real impact.
- Drive a customer-value standard of quality and help product teams efficiently advance a launch, learn, and re-launch philosophy.
- Lead a team to hypothesize and ideate innovative experiences that unlock possibilities for members, healthcare professionals, and partners across the Highmark Health customer lifecycle.
- Manage, mentor, and guide career development in clear and transparent ways, for a growing team of designers, developing a wide array of hard and soft skills based on career goals and enterprise needs.
- Foster a passionate design culture, willing to work hard to keep finding opportunities to simplify unnecessary user complexity.
- Embrace an agile mindset: be willing to adapt and experiment with the design process while still considering the NorthStar vision.
- Advance a UX vision that breeds innovative product evolution through goals and strategies that bridge the current and the imagined.
- Build strong relationships and operating rhythms with cross-functional team leaders to efficiently deliver experience increments in a continuous learning model.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Product Design, Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Architecture, or related field.
- 6 years of related and progressive experience in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree in Product Design, Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Architecture, or related field.
- 7 years in related field
- 3 years in lead role in technology, FinTech or Healthcare
- Experience driving design and research for SaaS products
- Experience in a highly regulated industry like healthcare, banking and fin-tech
- Familiarity working in an agile product development and hybrid remote working environment
- Proficiency in Figma
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
UX, Design Thinking, or Lean Agile Certificate
- Excellent written, interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Advanced skills with design and prototyping tools (Figma, Adobe XD, Mural/Miro etc.)
- Highly motivated with exceptional organizational skills, including the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously effectively and competently and the flexibility and ability to quickly adapt to changes in work objectives, promotions, and available technologies
- A passion for technology, including knowledge of evolving best practices, design trends, and UX design
- Extensive design experience, from initial development to ongoing support, information design/content management, interaction design, digital patterns development, Information architecture development, user research, testing, and design optimization strategy
- In-depth knowledge of software development lifecycle, from planning to delivery
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org