Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This job supports the Supplier Diversity and Inclusion business unit and will be responsible for the day-to-day operational functions including direct contact with specified internal and external stakeholders to help increase diverse supplier spend by communicating the supplier diversity strategy and goals, introducing diverse suppliers for sourcing opportunities, and participating in outreach events. The incumbent is responsible for developing relationships with diverse suppliers and the supplier diversity affiliation groups to ensure the success and sustainability of the program. Serves as resource to other business units as well as supply chain staff concerning company objectives, policies, data management and goals involving supplier diversity.
- Provides support to Supplier Diversity and Inclusion Manager in managing the supplier diversity function of assigned business units.
- Maintains and grows relationships with internal and external stakeholders in pursuit of diverse spend goal acquisition and enhanced diverse supplier relationships.
- Ownership of key projects as assigned (e.g. RFP monitoring, State contract diverse spend monitoring and compliance, etc.).
- Works with Supplier Diversity coordinator to secure analyze and report relevant data.
- Facilitate the onboarding of diverse suppliers following ensuring compliance with company's policies and procedures, along with maintaining current database of registered minority/women owned businesses .
- Participates in local, regional, and national diverse supplier conferences, opportunity fairs, and community engagement events. Assists the Program Director in representing the company at both external and internal functions as well as affinity membership groups, including African American, Latino, Asian American, women's groups meetings, trade fairs, seminars and conferences.
- Provides support in the design and implementation of a communications strategy and a reporting system to inform Senior Leaderships.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Business
6 years direct supplier diversity or procurement experience
- 5 years in Supply Chain, Procurement, AP, or related field
- 1 year of Supplier Diversity
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent Customer Service Ability
- Strong ability to collaborate and influence
- Work well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to engage senior level internal and external stakeholders
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others
Travel from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org