Company :Highmark Inc.
Job Description :
This job is accountable for managing a group or category of products for Highmark and developing the overall strategy for a product category. The position is responsible to research new product options in the category to drive growth and achieve set objectives. The incumbent will, in essence, be responsible for a set of products or product variants serving the needs of different markets and segments, a critical integrator pulling the levers at the center of our complicated business. From product development to consumer interactions, the incumbent will ensure that all the parts and associated technologies come together and that the right products make their way to the right markets. Will lead diverse project teams, relying heavily on business units across the enterprise - operations, finance, sales, marketing, clinical services, etc. from product development (pre-launch) to product launch to product management (post-launch). Key skills needed are product management, strategic thinking, analytical thinking, cross-functional teamwork and leadership. The incumbent will manage through subordinate product managers and professionals in larger groups of moderate complexity. Provides inputs to strategic decisions that affect functional areas and product experience. Must be capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination across departments. The incumbent gains alignment and support from key strategic partners and stakeholders, and oversees execution of the product vision by developing a multi-year roadmap. The job includes partnering with delivery team(s) on backlog development, managing risks and roadmap changes, and attending sprint/milestone reviews.
- Understands the department's and the company's strategic roadmap and competitive position, and develops a holistic product vision accounting the needs of various markets and segments across Highmark, and the corresponding product strategy to drive maximum value. Clearly sets and communicates roadmaps, priorities, experiments, and decisions across audiences, from product team to executive levels across impacted markets and segments.
- Develops customer or provider journeys, and is familiar with their preferences and expectations. Under guidance, identifies problem areas, points of friction, and jobs to be done. Creates and tests hypotheses that translate problems into relevant product solutions and experiences.
- Understands potential application of new technologies, market trends, and vendor capabilities. Evaluates the inventory of existing product capabilities and determines whether they can solve identified problems or if new capabilities are needed.
- Conducts build, buy, or partner evaluations and vendor integration evaluations in collaboration with design, development, and other stakeholders. Manages multiple sources of intake and demand, sifts through the “noise” to determine priorities that will drive the best results, and manages relationships with key stakeholders.
- Serves as accountable owner for the sets of products/tools within the designated portfolio. Acts as a consultant for product interoperability with associated or new technologies / platforms.
- Identifies and drive both cross-product and cross-customer value and shared learnings for the enterprise-wide application and use of the product.
- Guides Agile developments in the role of Product Owner. Owns the product backlog and uses inputs from internal and partner teams to frequently refresh and re-prioritize the business requirements backlog with the consensus of stakeholders and impacted parties.
- Collaborates with enterprise data architect to lay out future state architecture for long term needs of markets and segments as they relate to the product.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Science, Technology, Mathematics, Healthcare or related field
- Six (6) years related experience can be substituted for bachelor's degree
- Master's Degree Business, Science, Technology, Design, Healthcare or related field
- 5 years of product development and management
- 5 years with the Software Development Lifecycle
- 3 years of roadmap development over multiple domains
- 3 years of management over multiple domains
3 years of Agile process
- 7 years in the Healthcare industry
- 5 years of Product Strategy Development
- 5 years in Project Management
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Product Manager Certification
- Excellent written, interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision with a high degree of organization and attention to detail; manage multiple simultaneous tasks, assignments, deadlines, and produce results, and be results-oriented team player who leads by example, holds self-accountable for performance, takes ownership, and champions all aspects product initiatives.
- Proven track record of defining product requirements and launching successful products on schedule
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle, from planning to delivery
- Ability to lead and influence others within a matrixed organization, and leads with a true sense of urgency with the ability to engage the workforce to do the right thing every time for our customers and clinicians; Leads with a customer and clinician-centric lens and advocates for a combined customer and clinician view in all interactions
- Successfully partners through collaboration and sense of urgency regarding process implementation and improvement/optimization
- Experience using sketches, flow diagrams, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, customer experience blueprints, and visual concepts
- Conflict Management
Language (Other than English):
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
WFA - Work From Anywhere
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Does Not Apply
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Does Not Apply
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org