Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This job will be an influential advocate for the research discipline, using exceptional research practice and mentorship to digitally transform healthcare and help our members live their best lives. The incumbent will focus on strategic discussion, scaling research discipline, and execution of complex research projects to guide high value user centric digital solutions.
- Manage research studies and guide junior researchers at all stages from discovery to validation, advocating for a variety of mixed methods approaches to understand customer needs and define business opportunities, while championing and socializing research insights in a compelling way; distributing artifacts across the organization to change insights into clear action.
- Identify high-value research areas; lead, and coordinate research initiatives for exploratory, generative, and evaluative purposes.
- Build and foster relationships and connections across the organization, working closely and collaboratively with designers, product managers, strategists, market researchers, and leadership.
- Lead designers and other teammates on project teams in conducting research and understanding findings (framing problems, defining insights, and designing new methodologies/practices to serve customer needs) and act as UX research point-of-contact for stakeholders and other partners.
- Craft concrete, relevant, and valuable narratives about our users’ needs, attitudes, aspirations, expectations, obstacles, and motivations, while developing an empathetic understanding of our users in various contexts.
- Develop a deep empathic understanding of our users in various contexts to raise awareness of knowledge gaps, steer conversations, and advocate for opportunities to improve the user experience.
- Define and evolve the team’s research techniques and tools, proposing and implementing solutions to enable the team to work more efficiently and effectively.
- Define and implement best practices for research within the organization, while mentoring junior team members on research standards and staying current on emerging research, industry, and technology trends.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's degree in UX Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or a design related field
6 years of design and/or research experience (qualitative or quantitative)
- Master's degree in relevant discipline
- 7 years of Proficiency in overseeing and improving upon all stages of the research process (study design, test launch, moderation, synthesis/analysis, and reporting)
- 7 years of Familiarity conducting UX research in an agile product development and/or hybrid remote working environment
- 7 years of Strong facilitation, collaboration, and consensus-building skills, with experience in presenting to cross-functional teams
- 1 year of mentoring, coaching and delegating work to junior colleagues
- 1 year background in health care or other highly regulated industries; experience working on cross-functional product design and development teams
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- UX Certification Coursework
- Mastery of a wide range of qualitative, quantitative, and mixed research methods to support the design and development of digital products; demonstrated ability to coach teammates on the strengths and limitations of a variety of research methods and approaches
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (including storytelling); ability to vividly describe your vision to team members and leaders helping build strong consensus
- Empathetic, curious, open-minded with a desire to improve the lives of our users; passion for educating teams and leaders on the value of research
- Advanced knowledge of current industry design and research tools (e.g., Figma, Sketch, User Zoom, UserTesting.com)
- Highly organized, self-starter with the ability to work on multiple projects at once with little oversight and deliver high quality work on time in an Agile environment
- Portfolio of comprehensive case studies that highlight the research contribution and the impact it had on the final product/service
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others
Travel from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org