Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This job will help define product features and capabilities to establish an industry-leading design system for Highmark Health. Providing our design teams with tools and scalable solutions to create experiences that will transform healthcare and help our members live their best lives. This job will focus on designing and documenting reusable components to support and evolve our design system.
- Clearly define and document the decisions and design principles utilized while creating the components, including UI states, accessibility guidelines, and interactions.
- Actively contribute to the creation of a scalable and elegant design system to ensure quality, speed, and innovation across the products and experiences we enable.
- Activate system operation frameworks, including providing assistance, responding to requests, patching defects, and consulting with external teams.
- Partner closely with cross-disciplinary teams (development, content, research, stakeholders) to solve experience needs by implementing an expressive, scalable, and intuitive design system across our platforms.
- Act as an ambassador for design championing and driving cultural change, unafraid to challenge the status quo and reimagine how we do business to deliver superior customer experiences
- Identify and communicate new and emerging risks and opportunities while confidently recommending tradeoffs on design decisions.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in UX Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or a design related field
- 6 years of related and progressive experience in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- 3 years in the Design industry with a proven track record leading designers to deliver successful products.
- 1 year of creating and maintaining design systems
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
UX Certification Coursework
- Bring passion and curiosity about design systems, emerging technology, and design trends to help other designers understand potential pitfalls and opportunities of design systems
- Have a working knowledge of responsibilities necessary to specialize in a design systems role
- Working knowledge of collaborating with Front-end engineers to support meeting the needs of a robust library and design system
- Capable facilitation, collaboration, and consensus-building skills, with experience in presenting to cross-functional teams and senior leaders
- Knowledgeable in creating accessible designs based on regulations and guidelines (i.e., WCAG) to advocate for inclusive design for all users
- Basic understanding of best practices for design systems, user experience standards, and guidelines for building within digital platforms, including web, iOS, and Android
- Demonstrates solid competency of user-centered design process and execution of end-to-end product experiences and scalable design systems for medium – large organizations
- Up-to-date knowledge of current industry design and prototyping tools (e.g., Figma, Sketch, Principle), with a strong skillset in creating components and shared library functionalities
- Organized self-starter with the ability to work on multiple projects/tasks at once with some oversight and deliver high quality, pixel-perfect work on time in an Agile environment
- Knack for design thinking exercises and human-centered (HCD) facilitation methods to solve challenges
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org