Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This job will guide the strategy and coach a team in establishing an industry-leading design system for Highmark Health. Building scalable solutions and tools to enable design teams to create experiences that will transform healthcare and help our members live their best lives. This job will focus on developing components, documenting the design system, and supporting its growth and evolution.
- Lead cross-disciplinary teams (development, content, research, stakeholders) to solve complex experience needs by implementing an expressive, scalable, and intuitive design system across our platforms.
- Clearly define and document the decisions and design principles utilized while creating the components, including UI states, accessibility guidelines, and interactions.
- Guide and actively contribute to the creation of a scalable and elegant design system to ensure quality, speed, and innovation across the products and experiences we enable.
- Mentor designers to understand the problems the system will solve, chunk their work into a manageable and clear plan, and properly leverage user research.
- Act as an ambassador for design championing and driving cultural change, unafraid to challenge the status quo and reimagine how we do business to deliver superior customer experiences.
- Foster collaboration by involving others as early as possible to understand their needs and determine how to improve the design process.
- Steward the system's evolution by creating efficient workflows to vet contributions and provide guidance and support to adopting design teams.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in UX Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or a design related field
- 6 years of related and progressive experience in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- 5 years in the Design industry with a proven track record leading designers to deliver successful products.
- 1 year of creating and maintaining design systems
- 1 year in highly regulated industries such as medical-device/healthcare or financial institutions
- 1 year collaborating with Front-end engineers to support meeting the needs of a robust library and design system
- 1 year creating accessible designs with experience working within regulations and guidelines (i.e., WCAG) to advocate for inclusive design for all users
- 1 year utilizing strong facilitation, collaboration, and consensus-building skills, with extensive experience in presenting to large cross-functional teams and Senior/Executive leaders
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
UX Certification Coursework
- Bring passion and curiosity about design systems, emerging technology, and design trends to help other designers understand potential pitfalls and opportunities of design systems
- Comprehensive understanding of best practices for design systems, user experience standards, and guidelines for building within digital platforms, including web, iOS, and Android
- Demonstrates strong competency of user-centered design process and execution of end-to-end product experiences and scalable design systems for medium – large organizations
- Advanced knowledge of current industry design and prototyping tools (e.g., Figma, Sketch, Principle), with a strong skillset in creating components and shared library functionalities
- Highly organized, self-starter with the ability to work on multiple projects at once with little oversight and deliver high quality, pixel-perfect work on time in an Agile environment
- Knack for design thinking exercises and human-centered (HCD) facilitation methods to solve complex challenges
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Pay Range Minimum:$67,500.00
Pay Range Maximum:$124,800.00
Base pay is determined by a variety of factors including a candidate’s qualifications, experience, and expected contributions, as well as internal peer equity, market, and business considerations. The displayed salary range does not reflect any geographic differential Highmark may apply for certain locations based upon comparative markets.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org