Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This job applies accounting techniques and standard practices to the accounting, reconciliation, and recording of investment and cash processing activities; prepares income and balance sheet statements and/or journal entries for income received; prepares financial and business related analyses and research; may maintain spreadsheets and databases to facilitate analysis and reporting; and communicates with other departments in the preparation of analyses, journal entries, and account reconciliations, investigating all discrepancies and resolving problems.
- Manage the flow of third-party data files into the investment accounting system and verify the accuracy and integrity of investment transactions and financial information.
- Match cash records received from the custody banks to the system generated records and resolve any discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of transactions and asset listings between custody bank statements and the investment accounting system for assigned investment portfolios.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of transactions and asset listing between the general ledger and investment accounting system for assigned accounts. Identify and resolve errors in a timely manner.
- Prepare investment schedules and journal entries for quarterly and annual statutory financial statements.
- Provide ad-hoc reporting of investment data for internal and external customers integrating data from a variety of sources.
- Anticipate industry changes and ensure accounting treatment of investments. Adhere to GAAP and Statutory reporting requirements.
- Train and mentor staff to ensure consistency and standardization of processes among team members.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master's Degree in Business Administration
- Progress towards an advanced degree
- 5 years of relevant, progressive experience in the area of specialization
- General accounting experience with a financial institution
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Products
- Experience working with accounting concepts used in investments
- Financial reporting experience with a bank, investment or insurance company
- Experience using investment accounting software
- Experience with the PAM system
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Professional certification in accounting or financial analysis - Senior level
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Client focused with strong business acumen
- Self-starter with the ability to work under pressure independently and as part of a team
- Ability to think strategically and act proactively to create strong trust and confidence with business units
- Strong innovative problem-solving capabilities
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Pay Range Minimum:$50,200.00
Pay Range Maximum:$90,300.00
Base pay is determined by a variety of factors including a candidate’s qualifications, experience, and expected contributions, as well as internal peer equity, market, and business considerations. The displayed salary range does not reflect any geographic differential Highmark may apply for certain locations based upon comparative markets.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org