Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This job will be a key player in re-imagining our Living Health digital experience--leading strategic work to transform the portal experience for Customers and Clinicians that will not only get us back to parity, but leapfrog competition. The incumbent will oversee the end to end process to conceptualize and design how people interact with capabilities of the digital Integrated Experience Layer (IEL). Will manage a team of Digital Product Managers to understand the pain points associated with digital touchpoints in our customer and clinician journeys and work to resolve fragmented access points and applications. Will direct the digital strategy and design of the platform, while ensuring that all integrated digital solutions and third-party solutions provide a mature, consistent and seamless experience. The incumbent will partner with the Digital Program Management Hub to develop roadmaps and facilitate enterprise intake of problems to address through our digital properties. Will work in tight coordination with IT and the Digital Experience team and will partner with collaborators from the Design Practice, Customer Experience, Clinician Experience, and Curated Health Solutions groups to ensure resources needed for an effective process are deployed consistently in a well-defined matrix reporting structure.
- Perform management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Leverages design knowledge to collaborate with stakeholders to define, plan, and design the appropriate end-to-end cross-channel experiences and solutions from a customer and clinician point of view to achieve customer engagement, clinician engagement, health outcomes, and affordability targets and in support of scaling curated health model solutions.
- Provide periodic informal work guidance/direction to junior team members; Provide performance input and recommendations to management for development/ training plans. May have supervisory responsibilities on a project basis.
- Develop analytical frameworks, approach and methodology best practices to analyze strategy issues and monitor initiatives. Evaluates new software or technology capabilities, assesses vendor solutions, creates and manages ongoing partnerships with third parties such as digital agencies, software vendors, BCBSA, and other key vendors.
- Conveys and prioritizes needs from comprehensive listening system in collaboration with Portfolio Insights & Acceleration and other Enterprise teams in the matrix to identify client, customer and clinician needs and expectations to support solution design and personalization.
- Accesses market intelligence capabilities focused on understand the market products, innovations, competitor solutions and any aspect of information needed to support the design process.
- Applies a customer and clinician-centric lens to problems and advocates for a combined customer and clinician view in all interactions.
- Leads in design sessions with design team, Experts and other business partners. Applies a variety of methods and approaches to facilitate problem solving; experiments to find the best solutions.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Design, Healthcare Administration, Economics, Analytics, or related program
- Master's Degree in Business, Design, Healthcare Administration, Economics, Analytics, or related program
- 7 years of related progress experience in the area of specialization, including experience in leading large projects
- 5 years in Technology, Business or Healthcare
- 1 year with strategy / management consulting firms or internal strategy groups of healthcare companies
- 3 years in the design of complex digital platform products and/or "living" design systems OR
- 3 years applying design process within Agile technology/R&D environments OR
- 3 years with Health Insurance and/or Provider operations OR
- 3 years with operational improvement OR
- 3 years of knowledge of membership, rates, financial, economic and competitive data
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Excellent written, interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Highly motivated with exceptional organizational skills, including the ability to effectively and competently handle multiple projects simultaneously and the flexibility and ability to quickly adapt to changes in work objectives, promotions, and available technology
- knowledge of software development lifecycle, from planning to delivery
- Experience developing business cases, and building ROI for programs from planning through execution
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Does Not Apply
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org