Company :Highmark Caring Place
Job Description :
*This is a part-role primarily evenings up to 16 hours a week. Some flexibility as needed for a daytime meeting. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to supplement their income or needs to work evenings. If you have adolescent grief counseling working directly with children this is a great opportunity.
This job will support the program in providing facility based peer support group programs to grieving children (ages 1 month through high school graduation) and their adult family members. Responsibilities include providing oversight of the families and volunteers in attendance at our evening support group programs. This oversight covers a wide range of tasks from planning and logistics to clinical assessments of families and coordination and support of a volunteer team. Staff may also conduct family assessments over the phone to determine family program participation.
- Plan and implement introductory and ongoing peer support sessions for grieving children and their families
- Conduct thorough assessments to determine family’s level of appropriateness for the Caring Place program and/or need for other community services.
- Provide guidance and support for volunteer team during support group sessions.
- Participation in training of peer support group session volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Master's Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Child Development, Counseling, or other related field
- 0 - 2 years working with children and/or families in a mental health setting
- 0 - 2 years working in therapy and/or support groups
- 3 years in the field of Grief and Loss
- 3 years Public speaking and/or Community engagement
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Licensed Psychologist OR
- Licensed Social Worker (LSW) OR
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) OR
- School Counseling Certification OR
- Nationally Certified Counselor (NCC) OR
- Certified Art Therapist
- Excellent judgement and decision making
- Problem solving
- Supportive Listening
- Ability to multi-task
- Adaptable to change
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to collaborate with team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong time management ability
- Ability to work variable hours including regular evening hours and occasional weekend work
- Knowledge of local mental health and social service agencies
Language: (Other than English)
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice