Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Functions in an expanded role as a professional nurse practitioner at West Penn and Jefferson Regional
Hospitals, performs acts of medical diagnosis or prescription of medical therapeutic or corrective measures in collaboration with and under the direction of a physician licensed to practice medicine.
- Obtain, record, and interpret complete health history, including past medical history, obstetrical history, family history and psychosocial aspects. Perform comprehensive physical assessment of the newborn/neonate, order and interpret laboratory, radiographic, and clinical data when planning and documenting the course of management discussed with the attending Neonatologist. (20%)
- Perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures necessary for the care of the patient per established protocols. Discriminate between normal, normal variations, and abnormal deviations by specific screening tests and refer patient with abnormal finding to appropriate healthcare services. (20%)
- Attend and provide coverage for high risk deliveries and stabilization of neonates, provide transport coverage for sick neonates as warranted per attending physician and appropriately initiates emergency evaluation and treatment. (20%)
- Coordinate plan of care within area of specialty, and coordinate discharge/transfers, including dictation of discharge and transfer summaries. (10%)
- Provide support, educate, and communicate with patient, family, interdisciplinary team, and community health services as appropriate. (10%)
- Participate in QA projects and NICU committees, and demonstrate effective leadership skills while contributing to Department, Division, and Hospital goals. (10%)
- Responsible for professional development. (10%)
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Rotation of shifts
- Hospital Setting only
- West Penn Hospital
- Must be a graduate of an accredited PA State Board of Nursing Approved Master's or Post Master's nurse practitioner program; or have completed an approved program that was in existence prior to change in PA Professional Nursing law 63PS (2002).
- 1-3 years in Level III neonatal intensive care unit as CRNP.
- Current PA RN; plus, meet the current requirements for state certification for a nurse practitioner in PA. Must be a national board certified neonatal nurse practitioner or board eligible.
- Must maintain current NCC certification and current NRP certification.
- Current PA driver's license.
- ACLS certification.
- CPR certification.
- Experience in Emergency or critical care setting.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org