Company :HM Health Solutions
Job Description :
This job is a strong advocate of cloud technology and engineering support necessary to drive the organization's next-generation technologies. The associate level incumbent works to support, maintain, and assist with optimizing cloud usage across the organization through engineering support of cloud technologies and automation technologies. The incumbent owns support and engineering of cloud solutions and must stay current with new cloud offerings to continue to produce expected corporate results.
- Implement and support cloud-based technology and deployment of cloud resources that enable business objectives.
- Works to monitor, track and measure system health, performance and utilization trends to help optimize cloud spend & resource efficiency.
- Proposes ideas and solutions to more senior engineers to support cloud service utilization and optimization.
- Develops automation scripts and other repeatable patterns to enable application and service teams to deploy software and services into cloud environments.
- Level one Incident, problem and change management as it pertains to the responsibilities of the cloud operations engineering team.
- Develop documentation to support operations process and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Cloud Computing, Computer & Information Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology, or related
- 6 years of related and progressive experience in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- Experience doing operational support of at least one of the following cloud service providers for an organization: Google Cloud Platform, Azure or Amazon Web Services
- Experience using automation tools like Terraform or Ansible, for example and versioning control via GitLab or similar tools
- Experience doing infrastructure support (Examples would be: Virtualization, Server/OS, Networking, Storage)
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
GCP, AWS, Azure or other Cloud Service Certification
- Demonstrates ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to speak and write English fluently and idiomatically.
- Basic knowledge of infrastructure concepts, such as OS, Virtualization or Networking
- Familiarity with standard IT security practices such as identity and access management, data protection, encryption, certificate and key management
- Familiarity with containerization and container orchestration technologies such as Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE).
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org