Company :HM Insurance Group
Job Description :
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is responsible for the following:
• Responsible for generating new business revenue and retaining profitable business for HMIG's Stop Loss line of business.
• Responsible to develop producers and prospects in the assigned territory and working with producers who represent employers in various group sizes.
• Manage activities and generate prospects, lead to proposals that will ultimately lead to sold cases, generating new business revenue.
• Responsible for detailed fact finding, building files, collect data, coordinate and manage information, and also build and enhance producer relationships while promoting HMIG products to meet customer needs and promote the value of working with HMIG to existing and prospective customers.
• Responsible for providing weekly, monthly, quarterly reports to Senior Management as needed or required showing progress and levels of activity toward building critical mass to meet business and sales goals in the designated area.
Education/ Work Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in a Business field or six (6) years of progressive related experience in lieu of a Bachelor's degree
3-5 years of insurance sales experience
3-5 years of Stop Loss and/or Self-Funded health insurance sales experience
Licenses or Certifications:
• Producer license in Life, Accident & Health is required or must be obtained within 45 days of hire.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1) Communicate effectively. This position displays effective communication skills while performing the following functions:
2) Relationship Management
• Must have the ability to develop and work with new and existing producers within assigned territory.
• Responsible to build relationships with producers and their customers, identifying prospects, and promoting HMIG products and strategies, generating new sales activity that will lead to new business revenue, and retaining profitable clients upon renewal.
3) Consultative Selling
• Continuous education regarding product knowledge and industry trends.
4) Account Management
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks and be able to work with a variety of contacts and decision makers, follow up on calls, and be available for meetings as needed to close cases. • The incumbent will provide to Senior Management weekly, monthly, quarterly updates and reports on progress and activity being generated toward generating sales that will meet stated goals and objectives.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org