Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
The Community Health Worker (CHW)/Doula will be responsible for helping patients and their families to navigate and access community services, other resources, and adopt healthy behaviors. The CHW supports providers and through an integrated approach to care management and community outreach and engagement. As a priority, activity will promote, maintain, and improve the health of patients and their family. Provide social support and informal counseling, advocate for individuals and community health needs. Community outreach, such as home visits and health screenings will be required. This position will provide home-visiting case management to expectant mothers including identifying needs, providing health education, and referrals to other resources and needed services.
- Responsible for establishing trusting relationships with patients and their families while providing general support and encouragement. (10%)
- Provides education, encouragement, and support to expectant and new mothers and families. (10%)
- Conduct intake interviews with patients, including enrolling and/or referring patients into various state and county programs. Provide referrals for services to community agencies as appropriate. Must be knowledgeable about community resources appropriate to needs of patients/families. (10%)
- Follow-up with patients via phone calls, home visits and visits to other settings where patients can be found. (5%)
- Assist patients with completing applications and registration forms. (5%)
- Provides childbirth preparation and supports families in creating a birth plan if desired. (10%)
- Conduct eligibility determination, enrollment and follow-up with uninsured patients. (5%)
- Providing ongoing follow-up, basic motivational interviewing and goal setting with patients/families. Help patients set personal goals, and attend appointments. (5%)
- Provides doula support to clients during labor, childbirth, and immediately postpartum. Work closely with medical provider to help ensure that patients have comprehensive and coordinated care. Follow-up with patients should be continuous from initial identification through closure. Work cooperatively with other clinical personnel assigned to the same patient. (20%)
- Attends orientation and ongoing training sessions on maternal and child health and welfare. (5%)
- Responsible for providing consistent communication to the Care Management Coordinator to evaluate patient/family status, ensuring that provided information, and reports clearly describe progress. (15%)
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1-3 years outreach experience or human service experience
- Preferred DONA (Doula of North America) International Certification
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org