Company :Highmark Wholecare
Job Description :
The Sr Pharmacist will work cross functionally with other members of the patient’s care team (providers, pharmacies, etc) to optimize patient health outcomes. The Sr Pharmacist will serve as a subject matter expert in medication therapy management processes, strategy regarding comprehensive medication reviews, and prescription drug optimization in cases where patients are taking multiple medications and/or have complex medication regimens. The Sr Pharmacist will place outbound calls to confirm patients are taking medications and provide counseling. The Sr Pharmacist will provide education to patients in regards to their medications and disease states, and will also target patients through targeted medication campaigns on a quarterly basis. This position will also serve as a point of contact for clinical needs across the quality outreach department.
- Monitor FDA-approvals, drug manufacturer pipelines, assess drug utilization reports, and write drug monographs for
- Committee review to develop the Organization's Drug formulary and/OR provide recommendations for NDC code capture, and monthly identification of high risk members.
- Assist in the development of the Organization's Drug Formularies by monitoring FDA-approvals and drug manufacturer pipelines, assessing drug utilization reports, and writing drug monographs for Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee review.
- Assist in the development and implementation of utilization management programs including but not limited to: prior authorization, dose and duration edits, quantity limits, step-care edits, generic sampling medical policy review and development, member facing outreach initiatives.
- Develop and implement physician, pharmacy, account, and member educational initiatives that promote the Organization's Formularies, utilization management programs, and disease management initiatives.
- Provide clinical review and decisions including but not limited to: physician and member appeals, member or provider information/education.
- Participate on cross-functional committees to develop and implement clinical and operational initiatives within Integrated Clinical Services. May participate in outreach efforts as needed to effectively reach goals of Medication Therapy Management programs to include, but not limited to Comprehensive Medication Reviews and Targeted Medication Reviews.
- Identify and assist in managing department process improvements to maximize overall efficiencies.
- Manage individual projects for timely review with the Director, Clinical Pharmacy.
- Participate in Medicare Stars performance measures to drive contribution to excellence (5 Stars).
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy with experience in clinical / formulary management or a Doctor of Pharmacy degree with experience in clinical formulary management
- 5 or more years of related, progressive experience in the area of specialization
- An understanding of managed care principles and practices is essential
- Demonstration of strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as, proficiency in the use of computer-based data processing. Microsoft Office products, and database applications is required
- A candidate should be able to quickly identify and prioritize essential elements of problem
- Independently or in a team, a candidate should be able to identify the root issues and formulate potential solutions
- It is imperative that the candidate accurately use logic and reasoning in identifying alternate solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Potential solutions should be synthesized into presentation, timetable to resolution and appropriate follow up with measurable outcomes
- Utilize Monograph and literature reviews to determine recommendations for formulary changes
- Complete member case reviews for appropriate recommendations
- Initiate and coordinate individual projects including determining timetables, metrics and monitoring for outcomes
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees?
Is Travel Required?
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org