Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Processes and coordinates all surgical reservations and case requests for drafting the daily operating room schedule. Communicates OR procedures times to vendors, other departments, and surgical offices. Interprets information from faxed reservations and converts to clinical procedures as a scheduled surgical case in the OR scheduling software. Participates in the OR daily huddle for final approval of the next day surgical schedule. Assists the OR Charge Nurse at the OR control desk to ensuring optimal care and coordination of current day surgical patients. Performs clerical and business related functions under the supervision of the Perioperative Business Manager and Perioperative leadership. Ensures all charges are captured and entered in a timely manner. Investigates and corrects charge denials or errors. Corresponds with materials department & outside vendors regarding implant/supply issues. Maintains tissue log. Scheduling and timecard maintenance in Kronos system.
- Assist OR charge nurse and maintain the add ons & cancellations for the OR schedule of the current day. Communicate with other departments, staff, management and physicians regarding the schedule flow. Answering vendor questions regarding the OR schedule. Perform clerical and business related functions. Contact inpatient floors to coordinate patient transport to the operating room. Make sure vendors have checked in and have proper ID. (25%)
- Organizes and coordinates the development and flow of the surgical day by drafting the OR schedule through tedious coordinating and communication with surgeon’s offices, members of the Perioperative management team, anesthesiologists and surgeons. Coordinates required surgical equipment and participation from outside vendors. Distributes OR Schedule to appropriate areas so that required staff, equipment and supplies are available when needed. Interprets information from faxed reservations and converts clinical and demographic data to a surgical procedure as a scheduled surgical case in the OR scheduling software and according to various operational considerations. Extends knowledge as required of new surgical procedures via new technologies and products and service line expansions. Acquires and maintains knowledge of process changes invoked by the Perioperative Business Manager, OR software upgrades, and operational enhancements. (25%)
- Ensures all charges are captured and entered in a timely manner, Investigates an corrects charge denial/errors. Provides remediation to associates per Director/managers request. Resource person for charge entry staff. Notify circulator or department manager of any discrepancies in the OR chart that needs corrected/investigated. Make corrections upon approval. Follows current guidelines for charging regulations specific to charge entry. Works with material coordinators and outside vendors to ensure accurate and timely documentation. Research and obtain necessary documentation/information from staff to ensure accurate and timely coding and charge entry. Send out daily reports to administrations and management. Maintain tissue log in accordance with JCAHO requirements. Resolve issues that occur regarding missing charges when notified by Revenue Integrity. (25%)
- Answer multi line phone system, sort and distribute mail, operate fax machine, entering staff schedules and maintain timecards in Kronos system. Collecting payments from patients when applicable. Communication liaison between family members and the OR staff. Answer questions regarding case request with Precert department. (25%)
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- High school diploma/GED
- 0-1 years experience in medical office/healthcare setting
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org