Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Provides prophylaxis treatments and education to patients.
- Calls the patient to confirm scheduled appointment.
- Evaluates patient, takes blood pressure, and reviews medical history prior to dental prophylaxis.
- Performs prophylaxis treatments, scaling and root planning, and periodontal probing.
- Documents overall oral hygiene in the patient chart for review by the dentist and ensures proper billing procedures.
- Explains procedure to patients/families and provides teaching instructions and or materials for home care. (10%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Current Pennsylvania Dental Hygiene License.
- 1 year of dental hygienist experience preferred.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org