Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
The Lead Experience Designer role is part of the Product and Health Experience team and will be a skilled practitioner and champion for the design-driven and human-centered methods. Our Design Practice exists to gain a deep understanding of the human behaviors, challenges, needs and unmet needs for those providing, supporting, and receiving care. We use that understanding to lead cross-functional, participatory co-design experiences that generate concepts, experiences, tools, delivery models and care paths that are transformative, not just incremental.
The incumbent will contribute their capabilities in Human-Centered Design, Experience Design and/or Service Design to create products, solutions and experiences that have measurable impact. Will manage and drive design methods, processes and tools that will fuel the Design Practice Operating Model across engagements with the Curated Health Model, Customer Experience, Clinician Experience, and other workstreams.
The Lead Experience Designer will collaborate with Design Practice leaders, Business Stakeholders, Portfolio Leads and matrixed teams—translating goals, defining timelines, seeking feedback, and articulating insights into actions that push delivery of solution designs forward. Will work with deep commitment to design the right experiences, products, and experiences for our customers and clinicians. Candidate will have strong experience contributing to end-to-end human-centered programs and projects with season experience in discovery, research, interviewing, problem framing, articulating insights and opportunity areas, journey mapping, service blueprinting, concept development and prototyping.
- Work within and support the adoption of design methodology, design process, design standards, Agile delivery practices, technology, and tools that are consistently applied to all Living Health solutions.
- Support Curated Health Model, Customer Experience, Clinician Experience, and Integrated Experience teams as assigned for project duration.
- Work within cross-functional teams and problem solve using visual, communication & service design, interaction design, experience design, and human centered design methods and deliverables to drive solution definition.
- Support delivery of a Living Health Design System of standards, patterns and components that define best practices for digital interaction and enable consistent and rapid development of highly usable and engaging digital solutions for the digital Integrated Experience.
- Provide subject matter expertise, innovative solutions, and detailed requirements to project teams on multiple, complex projects in one or more of the following areas: information architecture, user experience design, user interface design, visual design, content strategy, and/or usability and research.
- Responsible for understanding business, customer and clinician problems and collaborating with project teams and key stakeholders to take a project from inception through detailed requirements and implementation using one or many of the following methods: brainstorming exercises; sketching; rapid prototyping; research and usability tests; persona development; heuristic analysis; task analysis; and/or user needs analysis.
- Strong understanding of emerging trends in healthcare and other verticals and analytics that will inform development of best in class, user-centered design experiences.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Factors, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Communications or related field
- Master's Degree in Human Factors, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Communications or related field
- 7 years in User Experience Design, Service Design or, Human-Centered Design
- 3 years of Healthcare Insurance industry business and operational knowledge OR
- 3 years with design system and standards definition
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Leadership Skills
- Organization and Planning Skills
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org