Company :Highmark Wholecare
Job Description :
This job provides direction and oversight for their assigned Pharmacy teams, services, vendors and programs. The incumbent is responsible for motivating and cultivating teams to provide excellent service, directing identified programs and enhancements, developing strategic initiatives and
accountability to a budget. Develops strategic planning and goals that set appropriate targets of execution for work processes within the business unit to meet performance goals and drives strategic priorities. The incumbent is tasked with developing and leading teams through change as needed to attain operational goals that align with the organizational strategic plan including both financial and quality goals. Incumbent will assure that resources are allocated and focused on both short-term project/program implementation and long-term strategic initiatives.
- Perform management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Manages highly complex areas requiring a high degree of managed care business knowledge and application of analytic tools (e.g., MS Excel).
- Develops short and long-term plans to successfully fulfill operational policy requirements and achieve business plan/strategic objectives.
- Establishes and monitors team key performance indicators for growth and productivity improvements.
- Drives implementation and analysis of various business processes and develops a deep understanding of key value drivers for optimizing respective performance metrics.
- Establishes, oversees and monitors end-to-end ownership of processes within scope and works with team to continuously improve all aspects of owned processes.
- Ensures current and evolving needs of internal and external stakeholders are met while maintaining strategic direction.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare or Business
- Master's Degree in Business Administration
- 10 years in Healthcare, Heath Insurance, or Financial services
- 5 years in a management or leadership role
- 5 years in Project and/or Program management
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Six Sigma certification
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong contract drafting skills
- Strong relationship building skills and Management Skills
- Client focused with strong business acumen
- Self-starter with the ability to work under pressure independently and as part of a team
- Ability to think strategically and act proactively to create strong trust and confidence with business units
- Strong innovative problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to evaluate impact of changes to existing products or processes
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org