Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Independently performs routine and special procedures on patient specimens.
- Microscopically screens gynecologic and non-gynecologic slides containing cells from all body sites. Meets the minimum screening output standard. Microscopically screens gynecologic slides utilizing imager technology. (60%)
- Prepares and processes specimens and assists pathologists, radiologists and clinician with fine needle aspirates, as needed, following departmental policies and safety guidelines. (15%)
- Operates, calibrates, checks and maintains instrumentation. Recognizes problems with quality control and test procedures and takes appropriate action to ensure quality clinical information. (10%)
- Participates in continuing educational programs to keep updated with current and changing technologies. Assists in training of other health care providers. (10%)
- Maintains the cleanliness of the work area and adequate supplies for efficient departmental operations. Participates and successfully completes annual proficiency testing. (5%)
- Selects specimens that must be submitted for pathologist review, quality control and quality assurance.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in NCA eligible program or bachelor's degree and one year certificate program trained
- CT (ASCP)
- Clinical cytotechnologist experience
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org