Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Collaborates with the trauma program medical director (TMD) and trauma program director/manager to ensure the trauma center provides quality patient care.
- Manages the data flow process for performance improvement. Supervises and guides performance improvement in accordance with the Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation (PTSF) Standards for Accreditation. Manages the Performance Improvement plan in conjunction with the TMD and trauma program director/manager. Responsible for the aggregation, monitoring and reporting of regulatory mandated and/or program specific quality metrics. Reviews adverse events, monitors for trends, develops and plans practice changes in collaboration with the TMD and trauma program director/manager. Maintains peer review process for the trauma program. (70%)
- Supports the trauma program in maintaining PTSF Accreditation including application and formal site survey. (10%)
- Assists with the daily flow of the trauma program. (15%)
- Acts as a representative for the trauma program. (5%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- RN License in the State of Pennsylvania
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- 5 years with nursing practices
- Experience with the PTSF Standards for Accreditation or comparable experience with regulatory agencies
- Master’s degree in Nursing or related field
- ACLS and CEN, CFRN, CCRN or TCRN
- Previous performance improvement experience
- Advanced computer skills
- Excellent knowledge of Epic
- Trauma nursing experience in either Emergency Department or Intensive Care Unit
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org