Company :Highmark Wholecare
Job Description :
This job is a key leadership role within the new product strategy and portfolio development organization. The incumbent develops and deploys a new approach to product strategy, grounded in market and customer analytics/insights and product/enterprise economics across account segments (i.e. national, large, small, individual). The incumbent maintains perspectives on all aspects of product including benefit designs, network, managed care elements, customer service, ancillary products, pricing strategy, etc. Leads the that develop and actively manage the product strategy road map for assigned account segment(s) addressing network, benefits, clinical services, and member engagement. The road map will be informed by market demand, competitor positioning and strategies, emerging innovations, product performance, enterprise strategies and economics, and other factors. Works closely with the market strategy team as well as the P&L leadership to ensure that the current and future product portfolio and capabilities meets both the needs of the market as well as achieves the health plan and enterprise business objectives. The product strategy team will closely monitor and address product performance and the levers impacting performance. Reviews product performance reports and dashboards with P&L leadership and other internal/external stakeholders.
- Works collaboratively with assigned account(s) P&L leadership, to develop and maintain product portfolio strategies that will enable the Organization to achieve health plan and enterprise membership and financial objectives in these market segments. Use product analytics and insights to inform annual and multi-year product strategy road maps and capability investments addressing network benefits, clinical services, and member engagement. Maintain knowledge of current and emerging legal and regular issues. Ensure alignment with pharmacy and ancillary (vision, dental) product strategies in these market segments.
- Work with market strategy, P&L, Actuary and Finance to develop market segment targets for product performance against membership and financial objectives. Review product performance reports and dashboards with P&L leadership across segments and work with matrix partners to investigate performance drivers and identify complex market strategy/business line issues.
- Actively monitor developments in the market and work with the market strategy team to evaluate, pilot, test, and implement new product innovations. Success in this space will require an understanding of external market trends, innovations from other health plans, and new vendors and startups.
- Exercise strong "matrix management" leadership skills and building strong relationships with colleagues and business partners across the enterprise will be critical to the overall success of the product strategy.
- Perform management responsibilities including, but not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare or other related field
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare or other related field
- 7 years of experience with deep breadth and depth of business knowledge across relevant functions (product, marketing, operations, etc.) in Healthcare or similarly regulated product industries
- 5 years in Leadership, with demonstrated ability to work in a matrixed organization environment
- Demonstrated analytic and strategic problem solving skills
- Experience in Retail or other consumer-focused product development
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Demonstrated strong comprehensive management and leadership skills
- Prior experience analyzing and applying a broad organizational and business perspective to identify and maintain focus on key drivers of organizational performance to maintain product performance
- Thorough knowledge of insurance, healthcare, insurance administration, marketing, strategic planning, financial management, reimbursement, and operations in healthcare markets
- Strong understanding of market trends/needs, business requirements and balance them successfully
- Ability to directly and successfully lead, mentor and develop a talented team of high-performing individuals in a fast-paced environment
- External market orientation
Languages (Other than English)
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches/Trains others regularly
Does Not Apply
Travels regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Does Not Apply
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (Sales employees)
Does Not Apply
Physical Work Site Required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Does Not Apply
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Does Not Apply
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Does Not Apply
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies .
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org