Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
- Remote/Flex location Pennsylvania
Responsible for timely issue response, investigation and resolution regarding a wide variety of employee matters. This includes counseling employees and management team members on performance and conduct, policy interpretation, discipline/corrective action and internal investigations, and doing so in such a way that business objectives are supported, risk to the organization is mitigated, and working relationships between management and employees remain effective.
Also responsible for investigating and responding to third-party charges, identifying employee morale issues, concerns and trends; and, when appropriate, escalating issues, concerns and trends to employee relations management, HRBP team members and/or other human resources leadership. Suggest modifications to human resources policies and practices to enhance all employees’ opportunities to contribute to business goals and objectives.
- Respond to, investigate and resolve a wide variety of employee matters. This includes educating, coaching and counseling employees and management on policy, procedures and practices; making recommendations on discipline/corrective action.
- Conduct internal investigations and craft written responses to third-party charges and inquiries with consultation from the law department.
- Participate in and/or lead ad-hoc projects supporting department and business objectives.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
5 years experience as a human resources generalist or experience with employee/labor relations in lieu of Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years' of experience handling employee relations matters, including: coaching and educating management and employees on policy, procedures and practices, including making recommendations on performance management and discipline; conducting investigations and responding to allegations of workplace harassment, discrimination or retaliation; and researching and responding in writing to third-party charges.
- Demonstrated experience leading collaborative, peer-based project teams
- Demonstrated experience participating on project teams
- Policy and procedure review, writing and re-writing
- Experiencing supporting multi-site and remote employees
- Direct Healthcare experience
- Employee Relations in a union environment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Extensive knowledge of employment and labor laws, regulations, case law and their application in a large, multi-site, multi-state environment
- Ability to absorb and apply new learning, particularly related to company culture, policies, procedures and practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to influence outcomes with patience, tact, follow-through, professionalism and confidentiality
- Ability to problem-solve "people conflict" issues at all levels of the organization
- Ability to balance the tension between thoroughness/attention-to-detail and efficiency
- Ability to work in a work environment that is fast-paced, customer-focused, results-oriented, collaborative and highly-matrixed. Ability to recover quickly from interruptions to resume focus on priority tasks
- Able to work well as part of a collaborate team, which includes being flexible and able to place the needs of the team or organization above their own personal interest
- Able to navigate and collaborate in web-based environments such as SharePoint and Intranet portals. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
PHR, SPHR certification
TRAVEL REQUIREMENT: 0 - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
An employee in this position is frequently required to move throughout the workplace, sit, stand and walk, use hands and fingers to hold objects, tools or controls, possess fine motor skills (e.g., to write and operate a computer or to steer transportation equipment), possess gross motor skills (e.g., to carry items), reach with hands and arms, climb stairs and ladders, balance, stoop, kneel crouch and crawl, communicate effectively, and talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to work in a busy environment where decisions often must be made quickly, must attend work on a regular and reliable basis, must adhere to all workplace policies, and may be called upon to work outside regular business hours. This work occurs in a [example: warehouse, hospital or provider’s office or mailroom].
Lifting: up to 10 pounds - Occasionally
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds - Rarely
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds - Never
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Referral Level Payout 2
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org