Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Provides direct patient care supervised by RN, assists in maintaining a safe, clean environment and keeps adequate stock supply in all treatment areas.
- Perform special procedures in assisting emergency room and private physicians and nurse practitioners; i.e. splinting, wrapping aces, crutches, preparing laceration trays, dressing changes.
- Assist RN in triage taking vital signs, applying splints and ice. Transport patients to examination rooms. Reassess patients waiting and reports condition to RN.
- Perform phlebotomies, EKGs, pulse oximeters, does RBG's, vital signs, applies oxygen and prepare and send lab specimens by pneumatic tube.
- Restock and restore treatment rooms between patients.
- Enter computer orders in cc and retrieves information from printers.
- Transport patients to and from departments and aid patients on and off stretchers and wheelchairs.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Completion of an EMT or Medical Assistant Program and receiving a certificate of completion; or completion of a state approved nursing assistant training program and receiving a certificate of completion is required.
- Must have a minimum of Heartsaver CPR - Course #1 which includes Adult CPR and Foreign, Body Airway instruction (FBOA). Further requirements are department and unit specific.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
EEO is The Law
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org