Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
The Allegheny Health Network (AHN) is recruiting a full-time Medical Director for our clinical cancer genetics program located in Pittsburgh, PA .
Cancer Institute Highlights
- New state-of-the-art Academic Cancer Institute facility
- Pioneering scientific, translational and clinical research with a new Genomics facility
- Network of genetic counselors
- Outstanding infrastructure exists to support the leader, including clinical grade somatic next generation sequencing (NGS) performed at AHN, an immune monitoring and research lab as well as a proteomics core lab.
- Implementation of a system wide biomarker discovery program aimed at helping in the design and implementation of personalized cancer therapies.
- Large network of 23 locations in Western Pennsylvania, accounting for >8000 new cancer patients per year
- Oversee genetic counselors
- Develop programs for hereditary cancer risk assessment, genetic testing and cancer screening and prevention
- Oversee research programs in cancer genetics
- Experience in medical genetics
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Medical Oncology
- Pennsylvania License upon hire
- PhD/MD Graduate of accredited medical school with degree of Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
- Completion of accredited residency and fellowship if required by specialty
- Current PA MD licensure in good standing; current unrestricted DEA certificate
AHN Proudly Offers
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Retirement Benefits
- Generous PTO Plan
- Additional benefits include, but not limited to: EAP, Employee Discounts, and Gym Discounts
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice