Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
The job will be responsible for Labor Relations matters, inducing grievance handling, creating, collecting and maintaining documents and records required for contract and policy development, investigations and negotiations.
- Handles routine labor relations inquiries related to policies, procedures and collective bargaining agreements, refers complex matters to appropriate staff.
- Serves as initial contact and liaison for intake and assessment of grievances and related labor relations inquires.
- Conduct grievance meetings and draft formal written responses in accordance with established timeline limits.
- Conducts initial investigation and gathers information for labor relations matters such as grievances and charges before governmental agencies.
- As necessary, interface with the internal and external legal counsel regarding labor relations issues and assist with preparation for negotiations. Collect and analyze information and data to assess cost and implications of negotiation strategy relating to wages, benefits, working conditions, and other operational issues.
- Assist with preparation for arbitration hearings, serve as witness as required.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with local union officials.
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of laws and regulations related to EEO, collective bargaining agreements, the National Labor Relations Act, and applicable human resources policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or Labor Relations
- 5 years in Human Resources
- 3 years in Employee and/or Labor Relations
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Interpersonal, negotiation, conflict resolution skills
- Time management skills, with proven ability to meet deadlines
- Analytical and Problem-solving skills
- Understanding of laws, regulations, and guidelines related to HR and contract negotiations
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org