Job Description :
Responsible for the development, design and delivery of all employee communications and communications programs that support the Helion brand, vision, mission and strategic direction. Supports Helion by collaborating with various levels of management to position strategic Corporate messages. The incumbent will be responsible for consulting with all levels of management throughout Helion to proactively identify and develop key messages and determine the appropriate media channels to deliver them.
1. Develop, plan, research, write, edit and deliver vital business and job-related information using electronic media and/or paper (HighWire intranet, micro-websites, electronic memos, Social media posts ) to inform employees about our company’s strategies, policies, initiatives, direction and products.
2. Develop, plan, research, write and edit articles for the employee monthly newsletter and other communication materials.
3. Ensure that messages support the company’s mission, vision and strategic direction, and that internal messages align with external messages.
4. Develop and implement communications related to special events.
5. Develop and implement internal communications plans with respect to special projects or large corporate campaigns.
6. Develop, write and edit social media content and all platforms.
7. Develop, write and supervise delivery of all digital materials.
8. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Licenses/Certifications, and Experience
•Four-year college/university degree in marketing, communications, PR or related field required
•5-7 years’ previous experience in health care/ health insurance PR or communications field required
•Demonstrated superior oral and written communications abilities required
•Master’s degree in communications or PR field desired
•Membership in professional society, such as IABC (International Association of Business Communicators) or PRSA (Public Relations Society of America) preferred
•Publications management experience
•Electronic media and social media knowledge and competency
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Exceptional written and oral communications skills
• Strong influence management skills preferred
• Focus on building strong internal client relationships
• Self-starter with the ability to work under pressure independently and as part of a team
• Experience with media relations strategy and aligning internal and external messaging
• Superior attention to details
• Knowledge of grammar and AP (Associated Press) and corporate style writing
• Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership techniques
• Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
• Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
• Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
• Ability to solve problems independently and creatively.Strong influence management skills preferred
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees?
Is Travel Required?
This job requires the ability to work as a team member. Additionally, this job requires the willingness and ability to report to work on a regular and timely basis and may require irregular work hours, holidays and/or weekends.
Note: Job duties and responsibilities support separation of duties across multiple users
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org