Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This job maintains responsibilities in one or more of the following areas: Accounts Payable, Time & Attendance and/or AP Compliance. The incumbent serves as a business partner and interacts with external parties such as vendors/banks, and internal stakeholders (i.e., Requester, Procurement, Tax, Treasury, etc.) to provide immediate services and resolve urgent requests. Provides guidance on Accounts Payable (AP), P-Card and Travel & Expense (T&E) policies and procedures. The incumbent supports local AP internal/external audits and state authority compliance requests. Position also coordinates with shared service staff in providing invoice/payment/T&E services that require local presence and communications.
- Monitor daily results of invoice processing for error resolution. Coordinate with shared service staff on data gathering and issue resolution.
- Leverage local business knowledge and intelligence; perform ad hoc analysis for finance leadership and manage urgent, ad-hoc requests from the business units and/or finance leadership on vendor master data, invoice and payments. Interact with external parties and internal stakeholders to resolve immediate invoice, payment and/or compliance requests.
- Identify, recommend and implement process improvements as it relates to the efficiencies of current AP processes with both internal and external clients. Leverage financial and business analytics to support and monitor the effectiveness of enhancements.
- Prepare process documentation and support training and communication of key AP functions to our users throughout the company.
- Support routine upgrades/patches to major systems and recommend technology improvements to increase efficiency, accuracy, and compliance. Support the implementation of strategic initiatives as directed by the manager.
- Manage T&E system administration; including audit rules, user access, account and cost center updates, and general support.
- Review and code specific invoices and/or system feeds to Accounts Payable for accuracy prior to automated upload or manual input by an AP Coordinator.
- Coordinate annual Disaster Recovery exercise for AP department and all ongoing business recovery efforts.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- 3 years Accounts Payable experience in lieu of Associate degree
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- 5 years in Accounts Payable or Finance
- 1 year of multi-entity structure and inter-company accounting experience
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Database, Spreadsheet and Word Processing abilities, particularly use of Excel for analytics
- Strong knowledge of Coupa, PeopleSoft Financials, McKesson, Oracle Fusion OR similar ERP
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Does Not Apply
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org