Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Serves as the principle non-physician manager responsible for all the transplant center's academic, clinical, research, business activities and administrative services. Successfully develops, promotes, implements, and achieves the Center's strategic plans for patient care and research. Integrates the operational and administrative components for the transplant center within the System and its affiliated organizations.
- Develops and implements directives in managing administrative aspects of transplant center's clinical, research, educational, personnel, strategic planning, space and resource allocation, and other business activities. Provides informed advice and information to the medical director, physicians, faculty, and staff on administrative policies and procedures, and has the responsibility for ensuring compliance. Serves as liaison with professional and community organizations by serving on boards and committees, attending meetings, making presentations and participating in other activities as required.
- Provides high quality administrative management of the clinical operations of the transplant center including oversight and/or participation in billing, contracting, human resources, information technology, registration, financial clearance, patient management, and scheduling, all aimed at supporting excellent patient care. Provides accurate and timely projections, assessments, reports, fiscal plans, budgets, and solutions to the medical director, and senior leadership of Allegheny General Hospital. Promotes and maintains training in compliance with professional practice standards, professional service regulations, health and safety rules, sound business practices, patient confidentiality rules and conflict of interest. Serves as risk management liaison for transplant center.
- Plans, monitors, staffs and advises others and controls the comprehensive, integrated financial resources of the transplant center from all sources and in all clinical and academic missions in accordance with required accounting standards, government regulations and policies and procedures including budget preparation, over-site of spending, purchasing and accounts movement. Provides fiscal and budgetary advice regarding clinical endeavors. Works with senior management to identify, create and fund growth and development opportunities for current and new programs. Evaluates clinical and financial managed care agreements with insurance providers for transplant programs.
- Supervises staff in accordance with personnel policies and procedures. Mediates and resolves personnel disputes and performance or behavioral problems, appropriately discloses and seeks advice. Ensures the transplant center has properly trained staff in sufficient numbers to provide effective and efficient staff coverage always.
- Ensures education of and compliance by physicians and staff. Works with senior management on implementing, monitoring and auditing compliance programs and records. Maintains compliance with all regulatory agencies (Joint Commission, CMS, OPTN, DCD, ESRD and DOH). Designs and implements quality assurance and process improvement programs specific to transplantation.
- Develops comprehensive, long-range and short-term strategic plans for the clinical, research and administrative functions of the transplant center. Creates clinical and research programmatic and personnel management plans, business/fiscal plans, pro formas, feasibility studies, and complete analyses in conjunction with strategic plans.
- Promotes innovative approaches in creating and facilitating processes that support and ensure the success of the clinical and research missions.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing, healthcare administration, business administration or related field.
- Master’s degree in nursing or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years as a Transplant Administrator OR Transplant Nursing Management /mechanical circulatory support.
- Board certification by American Board of Transplant Coordinators.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org