Company :Highmark Inc.
Job Description :
This job understands and integrates strategic plans, develops business insights, as well as identifies growth opportunities for the Organization. The incumbent works closely with senior leadership to provide analysis,
insights and innovative solutions across the organization. Focuses on some of the most pressing strategic issues that the Organization faces and will be a key member in determining the Organization’s future across one or more of the following areas: transitioning to a value based environment, developing an
optimized network of access points and/or consumerism. Executes upon product strategy and ensures the product activities are in alignment with product vision and corporate strategy. Manages initiatives involving
internal and external constituents (e.g. vendors, IDN, providers, diversified services) as necessary to ensure successful delivery of new products and programs from ideation through launch. Provides subject
matter expertise to the department and Enterprise as required. The Strategy group has the insight anddirection to make a significant impact at the Organization and serves as feeder for top talent throughout the
• Define the Organization's clinical product eminence strategy and plan, including the identification of key activities (e.g., conferences, publications, white papers, webinars, etc.) that will help to reinforce the Organization's leadership position in the marketplace for clinical products/services.
• Execute the eminence strategy and plan, including serving as the the Organization's liaison for activities (e.g., conferences), managing logistics (e.g., webinars), and developing content required to support activities (e.g., presentations); pull in resources from across the enterprise to support execution of plan as needed.
• Conduct market scans to stay abreast of health trends and research; educate leadership on key findings for sharing with account teams, as well as functional leadership (e.g., product, clinical area).
• Participate in the health policy review process, providing the clinical product strategy perspective.
• Inform competencies of distributed clinical product resources, identifying learning needs, and inform performance management process.
• Partner with analytics to develop insights supporting the development and sharing of eminence (e.g., white papers, health policy reviews, etc.).
• Partner with public relations to share pilot "success stories" externally, helping the Organization to be viewed as innovative in the clinical product space.
• Other duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor's Degree – Business, Marketing or other related area
Master’s Degree – Business Administration, Marketing
Doctor of Pharmacy Degree
• 7 - 10 years' experience with deep breadth and depth of business knowledge in the health and wellness and/or clinical services space
• Deep healthcare expertise
• Clinical programs policy background
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Problem Solving and Decision Making
• Strong understanding of market trends/needs, business requirements and balance them successfully
• Research and analytics skills
• Influence and Persuasion Business Strategy
• Ability to work in a matrixed organization environment
0% - 25%
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT (other than English)?
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
(The physical, mental demands and working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of their job. Reasonable accommodations will be made when necessary to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position, to the extent that they do not cause undue hardship).
An employee in this position works in an office environment. The position frequently requires the employee to communicate effectively with others both inside and outside the workplace (e.g., in person, via telephone, via email). The employee must be able to understand, interpret and analyze data, solve problems, concentrate, and research, use available technological resources and systems (e.g., computers and computer programs), multi-task, prioritize, and meet multiple deadlines to complete essential tasks. The employee generally works in a fast-paced and frequently stressful environment, must attend work on a regular and reliable basis as well as adhere to all workplace policies, and may be called upon to work outside regular business hours.
Most On-The-Road Positions
An employee in this position may work in a home or company office environment but is also frequently driving to and from various locations to perform the work off-site. The position frequently requires the employee to communicate effectively with others both inside and outside the workplace (e.g., in person, via telephone, via email). The employee must be able to understand, interpret and analyze data, solve problems, concentrate, and research, use available technological resources and systems (e.g., computers and computer programs), multi-task, prioritize, and meet multiple deadlines to complete essential tasks. The employee generally works in a fast-paced and frequently stressful environment, must attend work on a regular and reliable basis as well as adhere to all workplace policies, and may be called upon to work outside regular business hours.
Teaches/Trains others regularly
Travels regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (Sales employees)
Does Not Apply
Physical Work Site Required
An employee in this position is frequently required to move throughout the workplace, sit, stand and walk, use hands and fingers to hold objects, tools or controls, possess fine motor skills (e.g., to write and operate a computer or to steer transportation equipment), possess gross motor skills (e.g., to carry items), reach with hands and arms, climb stairs and ladders, balance, stoop, kneel crouch and crawl, communicate effectively, and talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to work in a busy environment where decisions often must be made quickly, must attend work on a regular and reliable basis, must adhere to all workplace policies, and may be called upon to work outside regular business hours. This work occurs in a [example: warehouse, hospital or provider’s office or mailroom].
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Does Not Apply
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Does Not Apply
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Does Not Apply
Changes Approved By:
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
EEO is The Law
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org