Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This job will work with the SVP/VP Social Determinants of Health (SDOH) on developing and executing the CBO engagement strategy to address the prioritized SDOH needs of Highmark and AHN customers. The incumbent will work closely with key community benefit organizations (CBOs) across the Highmark footprint, integrating CBO services with key departments, business units, subsidiaries and other internal stakeholders of the enterprise to improve health outcomes and well-being. The incumbent will work closely with the Highmark SDOH Steering Committee and other departments and committees supporting Highmark SDOH activities to develop goals and outcomes measures to evaluate the effectiveness of the initiatives/programs. The incumbent requires a high level of visibility within Highmark and AHN and represents Highmark Health and its senior management by regularly working with community stakeholders and leaders, such as hospital CEOs, government officials, corporate customer CEOs and senior executives throughout the Highmark footprint, to assess the local issues and determine where Highmark can provide SDOH-related support. Collaborates with Community Affairs and advises SDOH senior management leadership regarding emerging community issues and opportunities.
- Perform management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Develop and execute on the overall community engagement activities with CBOs, to include: Develop CBO engagement strategy for targeted communities and for integrating the SDOH resource and referral tool with high priority/value CBOs; Develop and execute an ongoing approach for CBO closed loop referrals with prioritized CBOs to inform the broader strategy; Directly engage with identified CBOs to inform and build out the plan to scale across all core markets; Engage community stakeholders to build support for integrated service delivery and to inform its operations; Achieve greater impact for customers served by partner agencies, including activities that support appropriate access, streamlined processes, financial sustainability and the development of value based payment mechanisms for CBOs; In collaboration with Community Affairs, work with key CBOs to develop long term partnerships, relationships and collaborations; In collaboration with Marketing/Communications, develop effective marketing strategy for public awareness and promotion of key initiatives; Represent Highmark at internal and external meetings, events, presentations and other such activities as requested or required.
- Provide community engagement leadership in myriad domains of SDOH by keeping up to date on SDOH best practices, trends and needs in high prioritized communities; communicating findings and recommendations to relevant audiences; and collaborating on special local and regional initiatives across our core service areas.
- Work closely with Community Affairs and develops relationships with key community leaders to understand their ongoing community needs and priorities. Collaborate closely with Community Affairs to ensure alignment with Corporate giving.
- Provide direction, leadership, and expertise to cross-functional teams in many key departments in order to increase the success of Highmark’s business goals. Work closely with Sales, Senior Markets, Provider Affairs, Highmark Direct, Government Affairs, and others.
- Work with SVP/VP on developing the overall CBO engagement strategy and its relationship with the overall SDOH strategy for Highmark.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Related; Public Health, Policy or related field
6 years of experience in lieu of a Bachelor's degree
- Master's Degree in Public Health or Public Administration
- 7 years in Health Care, Human Services or related field
- 5 years in a supervisory role
- 5 years of Community Benefit Organization experience
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Extensive knowledge of, and experience in, philanthropy and nonprofit sector
- Strong, established involvement in the community
- Problem identification and resolution skills
- Corporate giving experience.
- Strong public speaking, strategic thinking, and conflict management skills
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org