Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This job supervises and coordinates the day-to-day activities of the HR TA Operations Team including pre-boarding (including background checking/drug testing), process hire, collection of licenses, certifications, and clearances as well as onboarding. The incumbent will provide support for projects to improve systems, programs and processes and will identify and implement process improvements for streamlined efficiencies and cost reductions, and will investigate escalated issues, identify trends and work with the team to resolve trends and issues. The incumbent will partner with the process improvement team leveraging data to continually assess operational and strategic metrics for areas of improvements and staffing adjustments.
- Perform management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Supervise the Central Position Management team on organization, comprehensive service to leaders to ensuring position control and data governance for the organization. Oversight of the position management processes and procedures.
- Supervises and coordinates the Onboarding Program for all new hires annually. Refine the program content and ensure that all internal partnerships, e.g., IT, DEI, are aligned to deliver a remarkable new hire experience. Supervise the Onboarding Program Manager to maintain focus on continuous improvement of processes. Monitor key metrics, including the Onboarding Success Index and Quality of Hire Index to identify process gaps and areas of opportunity over the course of the new hire’s first 12 months.
- Supervises pre-boarding activities. Manages internal and external partnerships which support licenses, certifications, and clearances, background checking vendor, and drug testing through Employee Health.
- Act as the primary point of contact with the background checking vendor and drug screening partnership through Employee Health. Monitors progress of all candidates in the offer management stage and addresses issues related to failed checks, delays with drug screening, or overall process delays.
- Provide oversight and guidance to the I9 and verify programs across the enterprise which includes the filing, auditing, and management of all US Homeland Security requirements. Leads all aspects of compliance, data integrity and audits in our enterprise recruiting practices.
- Supervises the recruiting practices related to immigration and employment of foreign nationals. Manages the Immigration Program Manager to ensure that all employees involved in the immigration process are supported with timely information, e.g., filing status. Manages the external partnership with external counsel and Immigration Legal Specialists.
- Actively participate in implementing standard operating processes to maximize shared services effectiveness and outcomes.
- Ensure that all federal and state regulations are adhered to. Responsible for all regulatory compliance (Dept. of Labor, Dept. of Health, Joint Commission, etc.) as it relates to recruitment processes.
- Will have oversight for a global team.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or another related field
6 years of related experience in lieu of Bachelor's Degree
- 5 years in an operations/process improvement role
- 3 years in a leadership or management role
- Experience with cloud-based systems, preferably Workday and Salesforce
- Experience working within a regulated environment
- Experience using Workday
- Recruiting or TA Operations experience
- Leadership Experience
- Process Improvement and/or Project Management Experience
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Strong Communication Skills (written and verbal)
- Drives Results
- Prioritizes effectively
- Strategic mindset
- Project management
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org