Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This job provides rapid solution based analytical support to Allegheny Health Network's (AHN) Revenue Cycle business projects. The incumbent will assist the Revenue Cycle Business Owners or independently manage solution design, schedule, test, and deploy for AHN Revenue Cycle Operations (RCO). The incumbent works alongside healthcare business owners, business resources, and technology analysts and project managers to implement operational and integrated solutions to AHN providers, facilities, and centralized business units.
- Act as an agent of change in support of our various Revenue Cycle business teams and systems. (10%)
- Conducts requirements gathering activities by studying Healthcare Revenue Cycle functions, current best practices, and evaluate data needs for specific business needs. (10%)
- Adhering to AHN Revenue Cycle Optimization standards - documents and tracks project intake and definition, reports capacity and resource constraints, critical artifact documentation, analysis, story and requirement growth, modeling and development, design and high-level schedule & timeline estimating. (10%)
- Drives the business owner testing and validation requirement including facilitating discussions around acceptance criteria with Revenue Cycle Systems teams and AHN IT. (10%)
- Works collaboratively with clinical and business resources to develop and implement the specific operational, technology and integration necessary to deliver optimized revenue cycle solutions. (10%)
- Facilitates major collaboration discussions around project or program initiation, maintenance, controlling and execution. (10%)
- Maintains a detailed understanding and working knowledge of revenue cycle systems, their functions, and their relationships to other information systems within the enterprise. (10%)
- Helps business owners to perform analysis required to participate in project deliverables and milestones rapidly (10%)
- Works closely with cross-functional teams to leverage internal knowledge and innovation. (10%)
- Consistently documents and manages project or program risk and facilitates discussions with business owners on mitigation strategies. (5%)
- Identifies and nurtures stakeholder relationships, communication needs and impacts relating to projects, existing operations, and services. (5%)
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare, Business, Technology or Related Field (Education and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree)
- 5 years in Healthcare revenue business analysis or Healthcare revenue system analysis
- 5 years of working with clinical, hospital administration or healthcare revenue cycle systems
- 3 years of working with agile development teams, lean problem solving or scrum-based environments
- Experience with Healthcare revenue cycle, ambulatory health, hospital electronic health records, clinical, ancillary systems, and administrative systems (including but not limited to: MPI, Revenue Cycle Management, Practice Management or Scheduling, EDI, Charge Capture, A/R or Revenue Cycle Payment Posting)
Must have a solid understanding of Healthcare clinical and revenue cycle vocabularies gained from hands-on experience in a clinical provider-based environment, such as, medical or hospital administrative support staff, or healthcare revenue cycle exposure, Healthcare System IT or IS background, healthcare revenue or clinical systems development
Excellent meeting facilitation, business requirement gathering and resource estimation skills
Ability to work with both business and technical resources, understand their needs and coordinate their efforts to deliver the final project solution
Experience with regulations and accreditation standards, knowledge of specific state and federal requirements and standards related to the management of patient health information
Must have strong skills in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Visio)
Requires little to no supervision and must be performed with minimal assistance
Strong and friendly communication and interpersonal skills
- Master's Degree in Healthcare, Business, Technology
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org