Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Senior Radiation Physicist – Pittsburgh, PA
Discipline : Medical Radiation Physicist-Diagnostic Imaging/Radiation Safety
Job Summary : The Radiation Physics/Safety Department at Allegheny Health Network (AHN) is looking for 2 Senior Diagnostic Physicists to join our collaborative and energetic team. The new staff will not only support the continued growth of AHN but also a new Diagnostic Medical Physics Residency program. The Department currently has 4 senior physicist staff and 4 technical support staff. The department provides diagnostic medical radiation physics imaging and radiation safety support to 14 hospitals, 14 multi-modality imaging centers and 50 other Allegheny Clinic medical/surgical practices in Western Pennsylvania, regionally distributed around Pittsburgh and Erie.
The physics team is well-supported by, and works closely with, the AHN Imaging Institute Medical and Administrative Leadership and the more than 75 academic and community radiologists. Allegheny General Hospital, a Level I trauma center and AHN flagship, is a 576-bed quaternary care and educational hospital, conducting a range of clinical medical research. AHN has 20 medical residencies and a Therapeutic Medical Physics Residency Program. AHN facilities have, or are working towards, achieving Diagnostic Imaging Centers of Excellence designation by the ACR, which involves significant physics support. Three AHN Hospital Radiology departments are currently undergoing major renovations to improve and expand the imaging capabilities, including installation of the latest imaging modalities, again with considerable imaging physics involvement.
- Imaging Equipment Compliance/Quality Control -imaging equipment testing, QC development and oversight, protocol and dose optimization activities per PA DEP, TJC and ACR requirements and regulations
- Radiation Shielding -perform shielding designs/evaluations for new imaging equipment and facilities
- Radiation Safety/MR Safety/Imaging Physics -provide ongoing support of imaging and radiation oncology radiation safety and MR safety staff education, and all related policies and procedure development
- New Imaging Modality Support -provide imaging physics support for new imaging modalities
- Radiation Emergency Response -respond to internal and external radiation emergencies and participate in the Radiation Physics/Safety call rotation
- Excellent verbal and written communication with all levels of the organization
- Dedication to our customers and team members, demonstrating strong leadership, focused on excellent outcomes
- Execution of responsibilities with motivation, thoroughness, organization, problem-solving, and the utmost attention to detail and accuracy
- Commitment to continuous quality improvement in professional development and performance
- Master's Degree in Radiological Physics, Medical Physics, Health Physics, or related scientific field
- 3 years’ experience with diagnostic imaging testing and QC experience, regulatory compliance, licensing and inspection experience for diagnostic imaging and/or radioactive material use and Advanced radiation physics dosimetry, shielding and analytical skills
- Board-Eligible or Board Certified in Diagnostic Medical Physics, Nuclear Medical Physics or Health Physics (ABR, ABNM, CCPM, CHP)
- Valid Driver's License
AHN Proudly Offers:
- Highly Competitive Compensation Package
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Retirement Benefits
- Generous PTO Plan
- Additional benefits include, but not limited to: EAP, Employee Discounts, and Gym Discounts
Who we are : Nationally recognized for innovative practices and excellent quality care, Allegheny Health Network is one of the largest healthcare systems serving Western PA, WV and Eastern OH – 10 diverse hospitals, multiple health care facilities and locations and still growing! Our not-for-profit, physician-led organization is a subsidiary of Highmark Health, the second largest integrated health care delivery and financing system in the nation.
Pittsburgh is a vibrant and exciting city, offering diverse culture, world-class arts and music, iconic sports history, prestigious colleges and universities, close proximity to state and local recreational parks and a nationally recognized culinary scene. Pittsburgh has several recreational sites for families including the Carnegie Science Center, the Children’s Museum, the Pittsburgh Zoo, the Aviary as well as several amusement parks within the area. Pittsburgh is a thriving city full of local charm and unique neighborhoods. The Pittsburgh area can offer options for those who wish to live close to or in the city as well as several wonderful suburban areas. Pittsburgh’s beautiful landscape, rivers and bridges and affordable cost of living make it an attractive option for both individuals and families.-
Email your CV and direct inquiries to: Daniel Bobbitt Daniel.firstname.lastname@example.org 412-330-2650
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org