Company :Highmark Inc.
Job Description :
Support leadership of Highmark, or its affiliates with a range of strategy activities essential to Highmark's membership and margin goals. Strategy Analysts provide analytical/strategic-thinking and leadership support that enables project teams to: 1) isolate business issues; 2) help design and execute analytics for studying business issues (market research, scenario planning, forecasting, market share, profitability, etc.); 3) develop technical content (competitive intelligence, market trend analysis); 4) support development of formal recommendations to senior levels of Highmark leadership; 5) help create document components (go-to-market or operational strategies, etc.) that inform critical strategic issues and decisions.
- Work with business/ market owners to identify key business issues, articulate problem, apply right analytical framework, develop solution and recommendations, represent findings to stakeholders and own the outcome
- Under the guidance of Strategy Consultants and Leadership, participate in / lead small to medium sized strategy projects/ work streams with the help of internal or external strategy consulting resources
- Serve as subject matter expert (resource) to staff and stakeholders on membership, growth and operational strategy issues
- Provide periodic informal work guidance/direction to other team members; Provide performance input and recommendations to management for development/ training plans. May have supervisory responsibilities on a project basis
- Apply a broad knowledge of concepts and principles to develop analytical frameworks, approach and methodology best practices to analyze complex strategy issues, often applying ingenuity and originality to develop unique solutions
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Undergraduate Degree in Business, Economics, Engineering or Life Sciences or other related degree
- Master’s Degree in Business, Health, Economics or other related degree
- 3-5 years of relevant, progressive experience in strategy / management consulting firms or internal strategy groups of healthcare and related companies
- Experience in Health Insurance operations and technology
- Experience in operational improvement
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Broad application of principles, theories, and concepts in strategic thinking, plus working knowledge of other related fields
- Strong PC application Skills (MS Office including PowerPoint and Excel)
- Knowledge of healthcare industry trends and challenges
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org