Company :Gateway Health Plan
Job Description :
This job provides dental care through government-sponsored program for Medicaid. The program is focused to design to aid in Healthcare for underserved populations, with a focus on children 0 – 21 years of age. The incumbent is at the practitioner level in the care and treatment of the teeth and gums and provides preventive and therapeutic and intraoral services. Performs hygiene duties such as examining teeth and other oral structures, cleaning teeth, applying sealants and topical fluoride and perform radiological procedures without the direct supervision of a Dentist. Maintains records of dental treatment. Must work within the public at various locations and different shifts as assigned based on the plans dental and health needs.
- Develop dental health program in conjunction with Medical and Dental Officer, Program Managers and key contacts.
- Develop outreach program to identify eligible members.
- Develop outreach strategy and documents established contacts.
- Develop educational instruction materials to provide to members, schools and Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC) to promote Oral health wellness.
- Maintain records of all outreach and communications internally and externally
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Must be a Registered Dental Hygienist in the state of Pennsylvania
- Possession of a Pennsylvania State license as a Dental Hygienist at the time of application. Certification by the Pennsylvania State Board of Dentistry as a Public Health Dental Hygiene Practitioner at time of application.
- 3 years of dental hygiene experience in dental clinic or practice
- Ability to travel at least 75% of the time and work a flexible schedule.
- Associates or Bachelor of Science Degree in Dental Hygiene, Health Science or Allied Health from an accredited college or university. Or any combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable by the Office of Human Resources which includes Certification by the Pennsylvania State Board of Dentistry as a public Hygiene Practitioner
- 5 years of dental hygiene experience in a dental practice or clinic.
- Sufficient training and/or experience to be able to understand and speak fluently in a non-English language
- Principles, practices and current developments of dental hygiene
- Principles and practices of preventive medicine, as they apply to dental hygiene
- The types and uses of dental instruments and of the preparation and use of dental materials
- Technical dental treatment procedures and dental nomenclature
- Radiological procedures
- General office procedures, patient flow and standard clerical operations as they apply to a dental clinic
- Public Health concepts and dental hygiene practices and procedures
- Current infection control procedures, blood borne pathogen standards and OSHA regulations
- Use of computers and standard computer software packages used foe word processing, spreadsheets and database management
- Dental procedures and techniques such as sterilization and care of instruments
- Taking and developing x-rays
- Instructing patients, especially children and adolescents in proper care of teeth and gums
- Cleaning teeth, application of fluoride and sealants
- Perform a full range of established dental hygienist protocol and procedures
- Analyze dental records and formulate effective therapeutic treatment plans
- Communicate technical information to non-technical personnel
- Carry out proper procedures, practices and manner while giving treatment
- Obtain the confidence and cooperation of preschool and school age children while rendering dental treatment
- Instruct children and parents in proper dental care and oral hygiene
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees?
Is Travel Required?
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org