Company :HM Health Solutions
Job Description :
This job provides application development services typically as a of a project team or in an application support role in support of the Dental Solutions Application Portfolio. The incumbent analyzes, designs, codes, tests and implements systematic solutions to meet customer requirements that adhere to Highmark IT standards and policies. Provides general support to maintain applications that meet the service levels, system availability, performance and quality levels required by their customers.
- Analyze, design, code, test and implement application enhancements, as well as provide general production support, meet defined scope, target dates and budgets with minimal or no defects.
- Utilize and participate in the full system development life cycle, per current Highmark SDLC standards.
- Collaborate with customers, business analysts, partners, and IT team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. Concentrate on providing innovative solutions to business needs.
- Provide required technical support, including release implementations, on-call and 24x7 supports when necessary.
- Perform work in compliance with all Highmark and Highmark IT standards, policies and procedures.
- Actively participate on project teams in various project roles, including, but not limited to, Developer, Technical Lead and Project Manager, based upon level of experience.
- Effectively communicate with team members, customers, partners and management, including assisting with or conducting technical walk-throughs, reporting project status, enabling vendor solutions and providing accurate and concise documentation.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree or 6 years of Dental Solutions Application Portfolio (e.g., Concordia Claims Processing & RENO, Portal applications, UCD billing, etc.) experience may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree (in addition to other required experience)
- 3 - 5 years of experience in Information Technology
- Due to government data restrictions, this person must be a U.S. Citizen
- Experience in Java, Spring, SQL Stored Procedures, and REST Web Services very important
- Problem solving, root cause analysis, and issue resolution
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Experience in Healthcare or Health Insurance Industry
- Waterfall, Agile or Rational experience
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org