Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
The Allegheny Health Network (AHN) is recruiting full-time Neuro Oncology physicians to join our expanding team in Pittsburgh, PA !
Cancer Institute Highlights
- New state-of-the-art Academic Cancer Institute facility with on-site medical oncology and radiation oncology services; dedicated patient supportive services team to include but not limited to nurse navigator, dietitian, social worker and financial counselor.
- Pioneering scientific, translational and clinical research with affiliation with Johns Hopkins Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center.
- The successful candidate will be a team member in the Neuro-Oncology Interdisciplinary Program that includes a strong clinical program the full spectrum of sub-specialties and support services.
- Demonstrates commitment to providing the high quality and cost-efficient cancer care to patients with a Neuro-Oncology diagnosis or neurologic complications of cancer and therapy.
- Keen interest in the development of brain metastases program.
- Demonstrates commitment to education and a record of good scholarly accomplishment as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications, extramural research funding, or clinical research trials.
- Excellent interpersonal, clinical, and teaching skills.
- The position is a member of the Section of Hematology/Oncology and fulfills clinical, educational, and research missions at Allegheny Health Network.
- Our Goal is to develop a strong brain metastases program and the second Neuro-Oncologist should act as a bridge between the local Oncologists and Neuro-Oncology team for better patient care and survival.
- An experience in translational research would complement the current program.
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Oncology
- Fellowship trained in Neuro Oncology
- Pennsylvania License
- PhD/MD Graduate of accredited medical school with degree of Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
- Completion of accredited residency and fellowship if required by specialty
- Current PA MD licensure in good standing; current unrestricted DEA certificate
AHN Proudly Offers
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Retirement Benefits
- Generous PTO Plan
- Additional benefits include, but not limited to: EAP, Employee Discounts, and Gym Discounts
Nationally recognized for innovative practices and quality care, Allegheny Health Network is one of the largest healthcare systems serving Western PA, WV and Eastern OH – ten diverse hospitals, over 250 health care facilities and growing! Our not-for-profit, physician-led organization is a subsidiary of Highmark Health , the second largest integrated health care delivery and financing system in the nation.
Pittsburgh is a vibrant and exciting city, offering diverse culture, world-class arts and music, prestigious colleges and universities, proximity to state and local recreational parks, and a nationally-recognized culinary scene. It is home to major sports teams as well as key players within an ever-growing tech industry. Pittsburgh is recognized as one of the ‘most livable cities’ in the United States by Forbes and The Economist. Pittsburgh’s beautiful landscape, rivers and bridges, and affordable cost of living make it an attractive option for both individuals and families.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org