Company :Highmark Inc.
Job Description :
This position is responsible for timely, efficient and accurate processing of assigned group financial settlements and/or Department of Labor (DOL) required ERISA 5500 reporting data; managing various stages of assigned work, ensuring that workload proceeds through the respective phases of the process in a timely manner; performing global analysis, including trending and settlement comparisons that may span over several annual settlement periods; and interpreting and explaining the results of the analysis.
1. Communicate effectively. This position displays effective communication skills while performing the following functions:
- Demonstrate effective written and/or verbal communication skills during the course of performing routine tasks
- Articulate settlement of 5500 results that require involvement or input from the Supervisor, Group Settlements and/or Senior Settlement Analyst
- Communicate with sales personnel or the external customer regarding more complex or unique scenarios
2. Manage workload within the required timeframes
- Meet individual goals on a monthly basis and participate in meeting departmental goals
- Respond within the allocated time frames for each settlement or ERISA cycle and be able to respond to adhoc requests timely
- Perform tasks independently and exercise good judgment in escalating issues to appropriate levels of management
3. Prepare and analyze financial data and/or results.
- Follow all policies and procedures to ensure compliance on all completed work Utilize electronic and/or manual tools available to aide in job functions
- Recommend changes to create efficiencies in job functions
- Use analysis to identify complex variances and be able to explain those variances
4. Respond to requests from internal and external customers.
- Meet the internal or external customers expectation by producing timely results and providing appropriate customer service follow-up
- Escalate time sensitive or high profile issues to Supervisor, Group Settlements
5. Perform quality reviews
- Compare actual results against expected results from source documents
- Validate that explanation are commensurate with the outcome of the settlement results
- Ensure that all review comments have been resolved prior to final submission.
6. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Licenses/Certifications, and Experience
- High School Diploma/GED
- 3-5 years of relevant, progressive experience in the area of specialization. Exempted experience requirements effective August 2016.
- Experience in the fields of finance, accounting or economics
- Bachelor’s degree
- Understanding of industry standard rating categories, funding types and accounting practices.
- General knowledge encompassing the overall settlement process
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Client focused with strong business acumen.
- Self-starter with the ability to work under pressure independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to think strategically and act proactively to create strong trust and confidence with business units.
- Strong innovative problem-solving capabilities.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees?
Is Travel Required?
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org