Company :Highmark Inc.
Job Description :
This job leads the team accountable for labor and workforce planning. The incumbent is a key operational stakeholder in the labor planning process. Oversees the development of reliable and achievable labor targets, service level agreements, and potentially real-time workflow management and monitoring. Shares responsibility with business owners for cost-of-workforce targets and effective and efficient use of labor. Leads a team responsible for the staffing models within a complex operational area. Acts as s a leader of Workforce Planning responsible for interacting with senior leaders to inform on staffing demands and act as a strategic partner to engage other stakeholders such as human resources, to solution. Explores building and/or improving processes, reports, and tools in order to further mature the department.
- Perform management responsibilities to include, but not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Lead workforce planning function with partnership from business operations leaders, Finance, HR, Learning & Development, Analytics, and other cross-functional areas in the creation of staffing models, workforce and labor planning best practices. Works with operational leaders, HR, Learning & Development, and Onboarding teams to develop/implement labor strategies to deliver consistent experience and execute plan and ensure staffing is at an optimal level. Ensure execution on workforce plans by developing and implementing a consistent and extensive staffing governance model. Inform and influence VP and higher levels of management on staff planning and strategy.
- Oversee data gathering and analysis of retention and engagement efforts, and partners with HR and operational leadership on related initiatives. Analyze DC metrics (i.e., productivity volume, labor hours, product flow, etc.) to establish productivity targets to drive appropriate staffing requirements to support a workforce planning system.
- Partner with support teams such as project management for significant, high-impact and high-dollar projects, and on process improvement initiatives.
- Create a higher level of accountability and consistency across the function via the definition and implementation of workforce management best practices. Partner with similar teams in other areas of the enterprise to develop and implement best practices and to identify synergy opportunities.
- Oversee time and process studies in order to keep staffing estimates current.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 6 years of experience in Workforce Planning or Analytics in lieu of Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- 7 - 10 years in Labor Analysis or Workforce Planning
- 1 - 3 years in the Healthcare Industry
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Statistical Analysis and Measurement
- Written & Oral Presentation Skills
- Data Gathering and Analysis
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org