Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
The Director, Quality is responsible for the successful implementation of the AHN enterprise-wide Quality goals and objectives for designated locations. Oversees the Quality function, while working in tandem with other Quality and Safety Divisions such as: Patient Safety, Infection Prevention, Regulatory Preparedness, and Pay for Value. Accountable for driving results to achieve top performance for all clinical and pay for value measures which may include but are not limited to: Hospital associated Infections, Core Measures, Patient Safety Indicators, CMS and P4V program measures. Responsible for driving and/or supporting Lean improvement efforts to realize efficiencies and maximized resource utilization.
- Lead and/or facilitate internal quality initiatives to achieve successful outcomes and minimized harm to patients and staff. (20%)
- Maximize impact of P4V programs CMS, Payor and Public Reporting), including focused efforts on opportunities for improved documentation within the record. (20%)
- Responsible for working collaboratively with Institute/Departments/Centers and Facility representatives to design and implement best practices and drive highest performance outcomes. (20%)
- Provide ongoing communication on progress, opportunities for improvement and direction on areas of focus throughout the year to various stakeholders and forums. (10%)
- Provide ongoing educational support for departments in areas of performance improvement including quality models, lean instruction, analysis, facilitation, etc. (15%)
- Ensure capture and management of all quality related data; ensure timely reporting and transmission of information; provide useful quality analytics to inform decision making. (15%)
- Master’s degree in Nursing, Health Administration or similar degree
- 3-5 years’ experience in developing, implementing, and anchoring outcomes in process improvement results
- Clinical experience in nursing, pharmacy, or PT/OT
- Lean or Six Sigma Certification
- CPHQ Certification
- 1-3 years’ experience with CMS, Insurer-based pay for value programming.
- 1-3 years’ experience with Joint Commission and CMS Regulations.
- 1-3 years’ experience with work in a matrix organization and successfully drive results
- 1-3 years’ experience with developing strategy, formulate action plans and execute on plans to ensure successful outcomes
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org