Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Assists with the management and oversight of the department operations including budgeting, inventory management and quality, and assists with management of human resources for both gift shop locations.
- Assists manager with managing merchandise and buying operations including but not limited to attending major trade shows, completing year end physical inventory, and meeting with sales representatives to remain up to date on current trends and seasonal needs. (20%)
- Assists manager with building customer awareness through promotions and marketing tools such as developing and implementing new programs for sales development. (20%)
- Assists manager with forecasting and managing all gift shop costs, revenues and overall department expenses; assists manager with developing and maintaining budgetary standards to ensure a cost effective operation; assists manager with financial obligations and buyer responsibilities. (15%)
- Guides personnel in the performance of their job duties and responsibilities; assists in maintaining standards of service and ensures adequate coverage for operational needs; trains and mentors staff. (10%)
- Assists with managing and maintaining an operational Point of Sale system, including troubleshooting system failures. (10%)
- Manages fundraising events including but not limited to maintaining and establishing relationships with outside vendors for sales events, sponsorships and all other needs of the Auxiliary. (10%)
- Implements special projects at the request of the Auxiliary Gift Shop Committee. Regularly attends Auxiliary Gift Shop Committee meetings on behalf of the Gift Shop Manager. (10%)
- Maintains compliance of all hospital and regulatory agencies. (5%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- 2 years retail experience
- Associate's Degree in Business Administration
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org