Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
Highmark Health is out to change health care as we know it. It’s a huge task and we’re looking for visionary leaders to help us get there, leaders with the imagination to aim for the horizon and the proven creative and management chops to keep a firm handle on the day to day. If that sounds like you, you’ll find a team of like-minded, big-idea experts waiting for your thoughts.
Tonic, Highmark’s in-house creative agency, is forming a new team – one that’s dedicated exclusively to brand building projects that defy definition and reimagine the industry. Your contribution as Creative Manager is to lead the conceptual output of ideas that extend beyond normal briefs and channels - with a laser-focus on initiatives that come alive in the physical world, digital world, or anywhere in between. If the opportunity to lead a group, and organization, dedicated to changing an entire industry sounds appealing, read the responsibilities and requirements below.
- Performs management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity.
- Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day operations of the department; develops and implements policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Inspires the creative direction of the enterprise. Acts as a strong contributor to the strategic and creative development of the enterprise/business unit marketing and branding efforts. Collaborates and contributes to the creative process as a leader of a creative team, and as a member of the business leadership team.
- Strong business knowledge. Delivers strategic communication solutions that help our clients attain their marketing and communications objectives. Listening, asking, hearing, prioritizing and translating client situation, marketing goals and information into strategic brand concepts, voice, messages and rationales.
- Focused on business needs. Understands the businesses strategic goals and brands; regularly analyzes the creative team, environment, processes, technologies, etc., to determine areas needing improvement; and builds and directs a creative function aligned with and supportive of those goals.
- Delivers top-rate customer service. Sets expectations and standards (builds a culture) for creative team attitude, behavior, teamwork, continuous improvement and professional development. Assures that timely and informative communication takes place between the creative function and the business partner team and clients. Leads accordingly.
- Mentors and creatively inspires staff. Studies the creative marketplace, assessing where the creative design studio work stands against competitors’, as well as our clients’ competitors’ creative work. Drives constant improvement in the studio's creative quality and capabilities. Stays abreast of trends in graphic design techniques and technologies.
- Delivers operational efficiencies and high quality work product. Works closely with the communications services business partners to establish strong relationships with business units and streamlines project intake. Through this collaboration, assures that deliverables are on time, professional, engaging, persuasive and supported by a sound rationale.
- Instills compliance. Supports the corporate brand compliance program by ensuring brand compliance inquiries from internal and external sources are resolved in a timely manner, working with the legal department to conduct a biennial brand audit required by the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, and overseeing the development, maintenance, and distribution of corporate brands (logos, brand guidelines).
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communications or related field
- 6 years of related and progressive experience in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- 5 years in an agency or corporate graphic department as a senior graphic designer/team lead
- 2 years as a hands-on graphic design/art direction, working directly with a Senior graphic designer / art director or Creative Director, delegating assignments to team, developing and mentoring creative team, create and manage visual branding guidelines and design standards coordinating the appearance of all print and electronic materials such as print, digital and other collateral needs • overseeing the production of single and multi-faceted projects from concept through completion
- 4 years as a senior graphic designer/senior art director / team lead in an agency or corporate graphic department evaluating high-level communication needs and presenting contemporary creative solutions for a variety of media • must display creativity, dynamic and forward thinking, individual needs to demonstrate excellent people skills and a strong work ethic • demonstrated ability to effectively work under tight deadlines • strong project management skills • detail oriented • demonstrates effective oral, written and visual communication skills • demonstrates ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously • in depth understanding of the terminology and processes associated with print and internet production • support Creative Director as requested
- 10 years of executing and managing graphic projects in an agency or corporate graphic department working directly with a wide variety professional
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Superior leadership and collaboration skills
- Superior problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellence in managing and motivating staff
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills; Demonstrated talent for high-caliber creative conception. Ability to judge creative concepts and copy, and clearly communicate creative direction to others
- Thorough understanding of clients and their business/industry
- Excellent presentation skills
- Thorough understanding of art direction
- Excellent planning, time-management and follow-through skills
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org