Company :Highmark Inc.
Job Description :
The primary responsibility for the VP, Producer Admin & Service Center is to lead and manage producer relationships across Pennsylvania. This VP will manage a team to ensure the successful partnerships through strategy, producer communication distribution, channel management and other administrative operations. This VP also has responsibility to make recommendations on producer incentive programs and manage programs throughout the year.
- Perform management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Strategy development to drive growth through producer channels by positioning Highmark as preeminent partner to key Producers. This also includes communication training, and events on Highmark strategies and new market initiatives. Create opportunities for producers to access Highmark resources. (e.g. Sr. Leadership, SMEs)
- Producer relationship management to include driving positive relationships with top brokers/producers, putting together a strategy for award programs and managing customer service issues and producer communications.
- Responsible for appointments and producer compensation. Also responsible for associated technical support. Ensure compliance with all state and federal requirements regarding producer administration.
- Lead, representing the markets, regarding training of new products and other market launches.
- Represent the markets for new product launches.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10 years in the Health Insurance Industry
- 7 years in Prior Sales or Management of Producer Relationships (includes other areas such as business development or account management)
- 5 - 7 years in Managing People
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- State-specific Producer License Life, Accident & Health required or must be obtained within 90 days of hire
- Analytical Skills
- Communication Skills
- Customer Relations
Language (Other than English)
50% - 75%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org